Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is made with white beans and fresh poblano chiles. A great recipe to change up chili night.
I don’t think one can have too many chili recipes up their sleeve. I love to make a different chili recipe every week if I can! Last week we made Pumpkin Chili, and next week I plan to make my V8 Chili.
How to make White Chicken Poblano Chili.
- Add cream of chicken soup and water to the slow cooker. Stir until smooth.
- Add the poblano pepper, water, onion, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the slow cooker.
- Stir in the cannellini beans carefully as they break easily. Add the chicken breast into the chili.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker.
How long do I cook?
Cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.
How do I make this not spicy?
- Use canned MILD diced fire-roasted chiles instead of the poblano pepper
- OR use a green bell pepper.
What do I serve with white chicken chili?
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Green or white onions
- Cornbread or garlic bread
Other wonderful Slow Cooker Chili Recipes:
- Slow Cooker V8 Chili
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
- Slow Cooker No Bean Texas Chili
- Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Chili
- Slow Cooker Venison Chili
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Turkey Chili
- Slow Cooker Steakhouse Chili
- Slow Cooker Copycat Wendy’s Chili
- Slow Cooker Low Carb Beef and Bacon Chili
White Chicken Poblano Chili
- 21 oz. cans cream of chicken soup (two-10.50-oz. cans)
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup onion onion
- 1 poblano pepper diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. cumin
- 30 oz cannellini beans (two-15-oz. cans); drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- green onion sliced
- Add the cream of chicken soup and water to the slow cooker; smoothing out the lumps as much as possible.
- Stir in the onions, poblano peppers, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cumin.
- Gently fold in the beans, taking care not to smash them.
- Add the chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Once done, shred the chicken right in the slow cooker with 2 forks.
- Serve the chili topped with Monterey Jack cheese and green onions.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.