This Slow Cooker Chipotle Turkey Chili is a fantastic Chili recipe to try for game day or a lazy weekend meal!
Hi everyone! I have a new chili recipe for you today. If you like chipotle flavor, then please try this recipe. I have made a similar recipe the last few years with chicken breast, and well it just wasn’t right, I’ve tested it at least 5 times! On a whim I decided to make the same recipe but with ground turkey, oh what difference. The ground turkey has that right texture chili needs, and it adds so much flavor to the recipe. I’m putting this recipe on my weekly must make list for fall and winter.
Chili can have a long list of ingredients, but that’s what makes it good. Different flavors simmer all day to make one great taste.
I used part of a can of chipotle peppers in adobo for this recipe. These are smoked jalapenos that have a seasoned sauce. You can find this on the Mexican food aisle. Warning, you don’t need much of this to flavor and add a touch of heat to this recipe. I used 1 chipotle pepper and 1 tablespoon of the adobo sauce from the can. You can use more BUT I really recommend you try my measurements first, you could even add a bit more after it’s done cooking if desired. These peppers are very potent but I think have a great smoky flavor. The leftovers peppers and sauce can be put in the freezer.
Below is my YouTube video of this recipe. You can follow me on YouTube, here.
I love this chili recipe SO much that I have it cooking again today for the adults at the girl scout harvest carnival tonight! I mostly made it for myself but it makes so much I might as well share. I hope you have a great Halloween!
- 2 lbs. ground turkey, browned and drained
- 2 (15-oz.) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (14.5-oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 chopped chipotle pepper (from 7-oz. can of chipotle in adobo)
- 1 Tbsp. adobo sauce (from above can can)
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1½ cups water
- 6-quart or larger
- Add everything to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours. Serve and enjoy! My favorite way to serve is with fritos AND cornbread, but anyway you serve it is GOOD!
Make one of these Slow Cooker Chili Recipes next!
- Slow Cooker V8 Chili
- Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
- Slow Cooker No Bean Texas Chili
- Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Chili
- Slow Cooker Venison Chili
- Slow Cooker Steakhouse Chili
- Slow Cooker Memphis Chili
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Poblano Chili
- Slow Cooker Copycat Wendy’s Chili
- Slow Cooker Low Carb Beef and Bacon Chili