This Slow Cooker Chipotle Turkey Chili is a fantastic Chili recipe to try for game day or a lazy weekend meal!
Hi everyone! I have a new chili recipe for you today. If you like chipotle flavor, then please try this recipe. I have made a similar recipe the last few years with chicken breast, and well it just wasn’t right, I’ve tested it at least 5 times!
Chili can have a long list of ingredients, but that’s what makes it good. Different flavors simmer all day to make one great taste.
I used part of a can of chipotle peppers in adobo for this recipe. These are smoked jalapenos that have a seasoned sauce. You can find this on the Mexican food aisle. Warning, you don’t need much of this to flavor and add a touch of heat to this recipe. I used 1 chipotle pepper and 1 tablespoon of the adobo sauce from the can. You can use more BUT I really recommend you try my measurements first, you could even add a bit more after it’s done
These peppers are very potent but I think have a great smoky flavor. The leftovers peppers and sauce can be put in the freezer.
I love this chili recipe SO much that I have it cooking again today for the adults at the girl scout harvest carnival tonight! I mostly made it for myself but it makes so much I might as well share. I hope you have a great Halloween!
Make one of these Slow Cooker Chili Recipes next:
- Slow Cooker V8 Chili
- Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
- Slow Cooker Steakhouse Chili
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Poblano Chili
- Slow Cooker Low Carb Beef and Bacon Chili
Slow Cooker Chipotle Turkey Chili
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 2 lbs. ground turkey browned and drained
- 30 oz. pinto beans, drained and rinsed (two 15 oz. cans)
- 15 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
- 29 oz. diced tomatoes (two 14.5 oz. cans)
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 orange bell pepper diced
- 1 small white onion diced
- 1 chopped chipotle pepper from 7-oz. can of chipotle in adobo
- 1 Tbsp. adobo sauce from above can can
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Add everything to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy! My favorite way to serve is with fritos AND cornbread, but anyway you serve it is GOOD!