Slow Cooker Crack Chicken has everything that is good and addicting in it! Filled with bacon, cheese, cream cheese, and ranch dressing mix.
I finally got around to trying this Slow Cooker Crack Chicken recipe. My neighbor told me about this crack chicken, though she makes hers in her instant pot.
This recipe is a creation by Shelly from the website Cookies and Cups; you can see her recipe here. I am so glad I gave this recipe a try the flavors go so good together and go great over white rice which helps take away a bit of the saltiness.
How to make Crack Chicken:
I start with chicken thighs instead of breasts. I feel the thighs have more moisture, and the overall dish turns out great. I also only use one ranch packet to cut back on the sodium.
You will need these ingredients:
- Chicken thighs
- Ranch dressing seasoning mix
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Cooked Bacon
- Green Onions
How to prepare:
Add the chicken to the slow cooker and top with the ranch packet and cream cheese. That’s all you need to add at this point. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours and do not open the lid during the cooking time.
After the cooking time is up, shred the chicken with 2 forks. I do this right in the slow cooker, no need to remove the chicken and dirty a plate.
Add the cooked bacon then top with the cheddar cheese. Place the lid back on to let the cheese melt. Sprinkle over green onions if desired.
What to serve this with
- Over white rice (my favorite option)
- Eat it as is if you are on a low carb or keto diet
- Over-toasted hamburger buns
- Mashed potatoes
- Inside of baked potatoes
- With crackers; serve as a dip
- Add a salad on the side with any of the above options
The ideas are endless on how to serve this crack chicken. You could make it a different way every week!
This dish is so rich and creamy! I am dreaming about making it again this week. Such a fun recipe to try for a Sunday dinner or even to entertain guests. Give this recipe a try and let me know how you like it. Have a great week.
- Slow Cooker – 4 quart or larger
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs (trim off excess fat if desired)
- 1 oz. packet ranch seasoning mix
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 8 slices bacon (sliced, cooked and drained)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Add the chicken thighs to the slow cooker. Sprinkle over the ranch seasoning mix. Place the cream cheese on top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Shred the chicken, I do this right in the slow cooker with 2 forks. Stir the cream cheese into the shredded chicken and also stir in the bacon. Spread out into an even layer. Sprinkle over the cheese. Cover for 10 more minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle over the green onions. Enjoy! Other great ways to serve is over a baked potato or on sandwich rolls.