So many decadent flavors in this Slow Cooker Crack Chicken!
I finally got around to trying this Slow Cooker Crack Chicken recipe. My neighbor has told me about this crack chicken for a while now, though she makes hers in her instant pot. This recipe is a creation by Shelly from the website Cookies and Cups, you can see her recipe here. I am so glad I gave this recipe a try the flavors go so good together and go great over white rice which helps take away a bit of the saltiness.
I start with chicken thighs instead of breasts. I feel the thighs have more moisture and the overall dish turns out great. I also only use 1 ranch packet to cut back on the sodium.
Let this cook for 7 hours on low, try to keep the lid on the entire cook time!
After the cooking time is up shred the chicken with 2 forks. I do this right in the slow cooker, no need to remove the chicken and dirty a plate. Add the cooked bacon then top with the cheddar cheese.
This crack chicken is ready to serve on rice, baked potatoes or buns. Or it’s even good plain if you are watching your carbs.
My favorite way is over rice. There is something about the plain rice with this decadent chicken that can’t be beat.
Pair this along with a dinner salad and you have a very good complete meal.
This dish is so rich and creamy! I am dreaming about making it again this week. Such a fun recipe to try for a Sunday dinner or even to entertain guests. Give this recipe a try and let me know how you like it. Have a great week.
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs (trim off excess fat if desired)
- 1 oz. packet ranch seasoning mix
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 8 slices bacon (sliced, cooked and drained)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
Slow Cooker Size:
- 4 quart or larger
- Add the chicken thighs to the slow cooker. Sprinkle over the ranch seasoning mix. Place the cream cheese on top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Shred the chicken, I do this right in the slow cooker with 2 forks. Stir the cream cheese into the shredded chicken and also stir in the bacon. Spread out into an even layer. Sprinkle over the cheese. Cover for 10 more minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle over the green onions. Enjoy! Other great ways to serve is over a baked potato or on sandwich rolls.