Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken and Veggies is a one-pot meal that is full of garlic butter goodness!
Hello! This recipe isn’t for the faint of heart, this is for my butter loving friends. A stick of butter flavors this meal, but the entire meal. I add garlic, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper to a stick of melted butter. I pour that garlic butter mixture over chicken, carrots, and wedges of Yukon gold potatoes.
Not all slow cooker meals end up being complete meals, I usually have to make a starchy side or make a salad. With this recipe, all the main food groups are covered.
How to make Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken and Veggies:
- Place chicken tenders (or breasts) in the middle of the slow cooker.
- On one side of that place wedges of Yukon gold potatoes and on the other a bag of baby carrots.
- In a small sauce-pan melt salted butter and add minced garlic, salt, pepper, dried thyme and dried parsley.
- Pour this mixture over the chicken and veggies.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Plenty of buttery sauce for everyone!
The chicken is tender and so are the veggies. My favorite thing about this meal is the potatoes. There is something about butter and potatoes together that just can’t be beat.
I hope you give this recipe a try! It’s hearty like a pot roast dinner, but with chicken instead. Have a great week. I’ll be back at the end of the week with another recipe.
Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken and Veggies
- Slow Cooker Size: 4 quart or larger
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken tenders breasts will work fine too
- 1 lb. bag baby carrots
- 1.5 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes cut into wedges
- ½ cup salted butter melted
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- Add the chicken down in the middle of the slow cooker. Add the potatoes on one side and the carrots on the other side.
- In a small bowl mix together the butter, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and parsley.
- Pour the butter mixture over the chicken and veggies.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to Video:
Does your family love chicken? Here are more Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Chicken with Bacon Gravy
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy (without bacon)
- Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
- Slow Cooker Seasoned Chicken, Potatoes and Green Beans
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Slow Cooker Full Chicken Dinner
- Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken and Red Potatoes
- Slow Cooker No Peek Chicken
- Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken with Rice
- Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Alpine Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole