Make garlic butter chicken with veggies right in your slow cooker. Chicken tenderloins, baby carrots and gold potatoes are cooked to perfection in a homemade garlic butter sauce.
Why this recipe works
This recipe isn’t for the faint of heart, this is for my butter loving friends. A stick of butter flavors this meal, but the entire meal. I add garlic, thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper to a stick of melted butter. I pour that garlic butter mixture over chicken, carrots, and wedges of Yukon gold potatoes.
Not all slow cooker meals end up being complete meals; I usually have to make a starchy side or make a salad. With this recipe, all the main food groups are covered. The chicken is tender, and so are the veggies. My favorite thing about this meal is the potatoes. There is something about butter and potatoes together that just can’t be beaten. I hope you give this recipe a try! It’s hearty like a pot roast dinner, but with chicken instead. Have a great week. I’ll be back at the end of the week with another recipe.
- Chicken tenderloins – These cook up perfectly and soak up the garlic butter. You can use boneless skinless chicken breasts if that’s all you have.
- Carrots – Use one pound of baby carrots or one pound of carrots cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Gold Potatoes – You can use red or gold potatoes, but we LOVE gold potatoes in this recipe.
- Garlic Butter Sauce – Salted butter, fresh minced garlic, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper.
Step One – In a small bowl, add the melted salted butter and add minced garlic, salt, pepper, dried thyme, and dried parsley.
Step Two – Place chicken tenders (or breasts) in the middle of the slow cooker. On one side of that place wedges of Yukon gold potatoes and on the other a bag of baby carrots.
Step Three – Pour the garlic butter mixture over the chicken and veggies.
Step Four – Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. Serve and enjoy! Plenty of buttery sauce for everyone!
- Green beans – Green beans cook up so well in the slow cooker, use them instead of the carrots for this garlic butter chicken recipe.
- Easy Peasy – Instead of making a garlic butter sauce. Use 2/3 cup of Italian dressing.
- Lemon Chicken – Add the juice of one large lemon to the garlic butter sauce. You can even add the zest of that lemon too.
- Parmesan – To make the flavor pop in this dish, sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on each individual serving.
Olive oil can be used instead of butter if you are in pinch, though you won’t get as much flavor.
If you are looking to make this a healthy meal you can use chicken broth instead of butter, or water and a chicken bouillon cube.
Yes! You can use 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning instead of the parsley and thyme.
Yes, chicken thighs are a great choice for this recipe. Though, be sure to trim them well.
Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken and Veggies
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken tenders boneless skinless chicken breasts will work fine too
- 1 lb. bag baby carrots
- 1 1/2 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic (or one teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves (not ground)
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- Add the chicken down in the middle of the slow cooker. Add the potatoes on one side and the carrots on the other side.
- In a small bowl mix together the butter, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and parsley.
- Pour the butter mixture over the chicken and veggies.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.
- Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
- Slow Cooker Seasoned Chicken, Potatoes and Green Beans
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken and Red Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Tuscan Chicken with Buttery Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Full Chicken Dinner
- Garlic Butter Chicken and Pasta