This is my version of chicken pot pie, it’s not the healtiest version, but much better calorie and fat wise compared to the frozen pot pies. Lots of fresh veggies, chicken, cream soups, and seasonings are added to the slow cooker in the morning, and the frozen peas are added at the end, so they will still have a crunch to them.
I used 3 kinds of canned creamed soup, chicken, onion, and celery. Use whatever cream soups you have available to you. Also I chose to use pillsbury biscuits as my “crust”, super easy, and I LOVE super easy!
- (1) 10¾ ounce can Cream of Chicken Soup
- (1) 10¾ ounce can Cream of Celery Soup
- (1) 10¾ ounce can Cream of Onion Soup
- (1) 10¾ ounce can Chicken Broth (near cream soups)
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ½ cup white onions, diced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 2 medium sized baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- couple dashes of black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas (add at end)
- 1 Can Biscuits, baked in oven per package directions
- In a medium bowl mix together the soups, and chicken broth, whisk together until smooth, add to the slow cooker.
- Add chicken, onions, carrots, potatoes, thyme, oregano, and black pepper to the slow cooker, stir everything together.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add frozen peas, and stir. Set slow cooker to warm until ready to serve.
- Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- Serve the chicken pot pie filling over the baked biscuits. Enjoy!
Linked up at: Nibbles by Nic (Munching Mondays)