One of my childhood favorites made easily in the slow cooker. This Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole is so simple to make!
Did you grow up on frozen chicken cordon blue chicken breasts? I haven’t bought them in ages, but I remember how much I loved the flavor combination. I’ve made homemade oven chicken cordon bleu breasts, but they are very time-consuming. This Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole can be loaded up in the slow cooker within 2 shakes of a lamb’s tail. This is a layered dish, and only needs 5 hours on low in the crock pot. I use cornbread stuffing mix for this recipe, chicken would work fine instead.
Start with boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Sliced Swiss cheese.
Cream of chicken soup (mixed with milk, oregano, pepper and garlic powder.)
Cornbread stuffing mix and melted butter.
5 hours later…
This meal is great with a green salad!
Below is the YouTube video of this recipe, you can see in the video better how creamy the sauce is under the chicken! You can follow me on YouTube, here.
The sauce is cheesy and bubbly, the corners a browned a bit. If you have never made a casserole in the slow cooker, make this your first to try! Have a great week!
- 1 (10.5-oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 2lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ pound ham slices (this doesn't need to exact, just enough slices to cover the chicken)
- 1 (6-oz.) pkg. sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 (6-oz.) pkg. cornbread Stove-Top® stuffing
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 5-quarts or larger
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cream of chicken soup, milk, oregano, pepper and garlic powder until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the chicken breasts in an even layer in the slow cooker.
- Add the ham over the chicken in an even layer.
- Next the swiss cheese in an even layer.
- Pour over the soup mixture and use a spatula to spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle over the cornbread stuffing mix.
- Pour over the butter evenly over the stuffing.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!
I used my 6-quart Crock-Pot® for this recipe.
You may also like: Slow Cooker Pumpkin Applesauce