Delicious spice cake mix, pumpkin puree, and warm spices combine for the easiest and best pumpkin bread recipe. Take the guesswork out of making homemade pumpkin bread and get ready to serve up a tasty dessert everyone is sure to love.
Why you should try this pumpkin bread recipe
Making the best pumpkin bread doesn’t have to be hard and it’s one of the reasons I love this recipe so much. This easy recipe calls for a box of spice cake mix and a few extra ingredients to make pumpkin bread that can be served as a dessert for holiday dinners, potlucks, or snacking.
Skip making pumpkin bread from scratch or the store pumpkin bread. This moist pumpkin bread recipe takes just minutes to combine and only a couple hours of cooking time. If you love pumpkin bread, keep reading to see how easy it is to whip up your own delicious pumpkin bread.
- Cake Mix: To get the pumpkin pie spice flavor, you’ll want to use a box of spice cake mix.
- Cake Mix Ingredients: Create the cake mix with large eggs, vegetable oil, and water.
- Pumpkin Mixture: Use a can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling), vanilla extract, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
Step One – Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl.
Step Two – Use an electric mixer and mix everything until just blended together.
Step Three – Spray an oval slow cooker with nonstick spray and pour in the pumpkin bread batter. Smooth it out with a spatula.
Step Four – Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on HIGH For 2 hours and 15 minutes or until the center is no longer jiggly. When the cooking time is up, remove the stoneware from the heating element and let the pumpkin bread cool before slicing. Enjoy!
How to serve
- Serve slices of pumpkin bread as is for a quick tasty treat.
- You can also put the loaf of pumpkin bread onto a serving platter and create a dessert bar.
- A few toppings to consider serving with the pumpkin bread are chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds, melted butter for drizzling on top, chopped pecans, pumpkin spice seasoning, and maple syrup.
- Try making a cream cheese topping by mixing cream cheese, a splash of almond milk, and a dash of vanilla extract in a medium bowl.
- Sliced pumpkin bread also pairs well with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or ice cream that has a pumpkin flavor.
Recipe FAQs and Variations
A toothpick inserted and comes out clean is one of the easiest ways to tell that you have made the perfect pumpkin bread.
Yes! Instead of making an entire loaf, you can use mini loaf pans or muffin pans and bake the pumpkin bread instead of using your crockpot.
You can use canola oil spray or a baking spray of your choice. Similar to a prepared loaf pan, the idea is to create a barrier so the pumpkin bread doesn’t stick to the slow cooker pot. Or you can rub butter on the bottom and edges of your crock.
Instead of canned pumpkin puree you can use homemade pumpkin puree. Either one you use, you will have very moist pumpkin bread. Here is my homemade pumpkin puree recipe (slow cooker).
It’s not overly sweet so if you’d like to sweeten it up a bit, add a little brown sugar.
You can use a wire rack.
Sure. Like any basic bread recipe, you’ll need flour (or gluten free flour), unsalted butter, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix everything in a separate bowl before adding the wet ingredients. Then, proceed with the recipe directions.
Make sure to let the bread cool completely and then store it in an airtight container. It’s optional to cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. It will keep up to a week.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Bread
- non-stick cooking spray
- 15.25 oz. spice cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- cool whip or whipped cream
- Add everything to a large bowl, mix until just blended together.
- Spray an oval slow cooker with nonstick spray, pour in the batter and smooth it out with a spatula.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on HIGH For 2 hours and 15 minutes or until the center is no longer jiggly.
- When the cooking time is up, remove the stoneware from the heating element and let the pumpkin bread cool before slicing.
- If you want to use a yellow or white cake mix, double the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Instead of canned pumpkin puree you can use homemade pumpkin puree. Either one you use, you will have very moist pumpkin bread.
- You can bake this recipe instead of using the slow cooker. You will want to use a 9×13 pan. Cook according to the box directions.
- Make sure to let the bread cool completely and then store it in an airtight container. It’s optional to cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. It will keep up to a week.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.