Are you ready for fall? Start out fall right with this Slow Cooker Pumpkin Applesauce!
If you are an applesauce lover, this slow cooker pumpkin applesauce is a must-try. On my blog I have both a recipe for applesauce and pumpkin butter. Why not mix the two I decided! The results are great! My favorite thing to do with this applesauce is put it on buttered toast, what would you put it on?
I add pumpkin spice flavors to this applesauce, even the vanilla. The size of the apple slices isn’t too important, as long as the lid is kept on they are going to soften up.
How to make Pumpkin Applesauce:
To the apples, I add pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, vanilla, and apple juice.
Stir to combine.
Below is what the applesauce looks like after cooking for 5 hours on high, this recipe would do fine on low for 8 hours if you need more time. When the cooking time is done, I use a whisk to break up the apples. I then add brown sugar to sweeten, add the sugar to taste.
I store the leftovers of this applesauce in the fridge. It doesn’t last long in our house. If you need to store extra, I suggest freezing it. This is not a canning recipe.
I hope this is the first pumpkin recipe you make this fall! Have a great weekend.
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 8 medium sized Gala Apples 4 pounds before peeling and coring
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup apple juice or water
- brown sugar to taste add at the end, I used a half cup
- Peel, core and slice the apples. Add the apples to the slow cooker.
- Add the can of pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, vanilla and apple juice.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours.
- When the cooking time is done stir with a whisk until the desired smoothness is desired. Add brown sugar to taste, I used a half cup of brown sugar.
- Store leftovers in fridge or freezer. This is not a canning recipe.