Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter is a must-make recipe for fall, great on toast or even ice cream.
This Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter tastes like heaven. I could not hold myself back from eating it at all times of the day on buttered toast. I even ate it for dinner one night. It tastes like pumpkin pie, but I think it tastes even better. Very dangerous stuff! I decided to put the last few jars in the freezer or I would be packing on my holiday pounds earlier than usual this year.
I made this Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter with pumpkin puree. Make sure to get the unsweetened plain pumpkin puree, not the sweetened pie filling. The day I did the photoshoot for this pumpkin butter I made Old-Fashioned Biscuits from a blogging friend Susie, her blog is Simply Sated. The biscuits really are a mile high and turn out perfect, and that is saying a lot since I’m not much of a baker since I became a busy mom.
How to make Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter:
You will need these ingredients:
- Canned 100% pumpkin (not the can labeled pie mix)
- Brown sugar
- Apple juice or cider
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground cloves
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground ginger
- Add everything to the slow cooker and stir. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours. Stirring once at the 4 hours mark.
- Freeze or refrigerate in small jars or Tupperware.
Things to do with pumpkin butter:
- Serve warm over ice-cream.
- Chill and serve on buttered toast.
- Use the pumpkin butter in recipes such as pumpkin bars,
pumkinbutter loaf or a rum pumpkin cocktail.
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 44 oz. pumpkin puree (a 29-oz. can and a 15 oz. can)
- 2½ cups brown sugar
- 2 cups apple juice or apple cider
- 1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp. ground ginger
- dash salt
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and stir. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours, stirring once at the 4 hour mark.
- Stir and serve warm over ice cream or refrigerate or freeze for later and serve on toast.