Make these Slow Cooker Candied Pecans for gifts or serve at your holiday parties.
If you love a slow cooker candy recipe you may want to try my easy slow cooker peanut clusters recipe.
Why this reicpe works
Candied pecans are crunchy and coated in a decadent cinnamon-sugar mixture. This recipe makes a full 2 pounds of candied pecans, but none will go to waste. The slow cooker allows you to make a very large batch for sharing.
They last about a week in an airtight container and make great gifts for the holiday and ship very well.
How to make candied pecans in the slow cooker:
The recipe starts with egg whites and vanilla extract and is whisked together until very frothy.
Then I add this mixture over the pecans and stir until the pecans are well coated with the egg white mixture
Then I pour over the sugar and spices over the wet pecans.
Then it’s time for the slow cooker to “roast” the nuts. I cook the coated pecans for 3 hours on low, stirring every 20 minutes. Doing this keeps them from burning.
Some recipes call for adding water at the end of the cooking time. I do not do this. I love the way the nuts are at this stage. I think the water is to make them shiny, I think they are perfect as is.
I could not stop eating these candied pecans. Especially when I opened the lid every 20 minutes to stir. I think I may have eaten half of them before they were done.
I will be making these again real soon, I need to get another batch in before the holidays are over. I hope you enjoy this recipe. Have a great week.
How long can I store these:
About a week in an airtight container, if they last that long!
Other Slow Cooker Desserts and Snacks:
- Slow Cooker Sea Salt Chocolate Almond Clusters
- Slow Cooker Chex Mix
- Slow Cooker Candied Almonds
- Slow Cooker Peanut Clusters
- Slow Cooker Easter Peanut Clusters
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- Slow Cooker His and Hers Cobbler
- Slow Cooker Pecan Pie
Want to make more magic in your crockpot? Stay up to date and subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tik Tok, and YouTube.
Slow Cooker Candied Pecans
- 2 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 lbs. whole pecans
- In a small bowl whisk the egg whites and vanilla until very frothy, this may take a minute or two. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, stir until combined. Set aside.
- Put the pecans in a large bowl, pour over the eggs white and vanilla mixture. Stir until the pecans are evenly coated. Pour over the sugar mixture and stir until the pecans are coated.
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick spray or coat the bottom and edges with a little oil. Add the sugar coated pecans.
- Cover. Set the slow cooker to low temperature. Cook for 3 hours, stirring every 20 minutes.
- When the cooking time is done, pour the nuts onto a baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper. Cool for 30 minutes before storing or packaging into bags. Enjoy!
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.
Julia Harvie says
Amazing and addictive,I make every winter season and everyone loves them.
These are SO good! I made some as Christmas gifts for neighbors and they’re a huge hit. I’ll be making these every year now.