Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake is a dessert that you will want to make over and over.
Hello! Today I have a new dessert recipe for you. This one is very rich and decadent, so if you are hoping for a light dessert, look away. My first thought when I bought the items for this recipe was to do a poke cake with peanut butter cool whip frosting. Instead, I went with a sweetened melted peanut butter topping.
The topping in this recipe tastes like the peanut butter topping at Baskin Robbins. Every time I eat that peanut butter topping I don’t care if I’m ever skinny again. LOL
Below is my YouTube video about how to make this Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake You can follow me on YouTube, here.
Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake
- 15.25 oz. devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz. pkg. mini Reese's peanut butter cups
For the topping
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 10 bite size Reese's peanut butter cups
Slow Cooker Size:
- 6 quart oval
- In a large bowl mix together the cake mix, water, butter, and eggs until smooth. Some lumps are ok, that is normal. Stir in the mini peanut butter cups.
- Spray the slow cooker with not stick spray. Add the batter to the slow cooker and spread out into an even layer.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- When the cooking time is done, remove the cake from the heat, to keep it from continuing to cook.
- In a small pan set over medium heat on the stove top, add the peanut butter. Stir until melted and smooth, watch closely because it will burn quickly. Add the powdered sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Pour over the sweetened peanut butter over the warm cake. Top with cut up Reese's peanut butter cups.
- Serve and enjoy! Great with ice cream or whipped cream.
You may also like: Slow Cooker Southwestern Cheesy Chicken Pasta