Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake is the dessert of my dreams. This dessert is made with 3 chocolaty layers.
I started this blog 6 years ago and this is my first try at lava cake. Truthfully I was worried that it wouldn’t work out as expected and I would be mad, but it turned out perfect. I am so happy to share this recipe with you. The cake cooks up around the edges and the center is just like hot chocolate lava.
I use coffee in place of the water in the cake mix which made the chocolate look very dark, I loved the coffee in this cake!
I already got the items to make this cake again! It’s that good. I hope you give it a try real soon. Have a great week.
Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake
For the cake layer:
- 15.25 oz. Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/4 cup freshly brewed coffee, let cool down a bit, water can be used here instead if desired
For the pudding layer:
- 3.9 oz. instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
For the third layer:
- 12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
Slow Cooker Size:
- 5 quart oval or larger
- In a medium-sized bowl add the cake mix, eggs, and oil. Start blending with a hand mixer for a few seconds before adding the coffee. Slowly add the coffee and finish blending. Do not over blend, some lumps are fine.
- In another bowl mix the pudding mix and milk until combined. Let thicken for a few minutes.
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick spray. Add the cake batter. Then add the pudding by dropping dollops over the cake mix. Spinkle over the chocolate chips.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
You may also like: Slow Cooker Taco Meatloaf Stuffed Peppers