No need to agree on one flavor for this Slow Cooker His and Hers Cobbler!
Hi all! I haven’t posted a dessert on the blog in ages. I mostly use my slow cooker for dinners, but as the weather get hotter I use my slow cooker for desserts because I’m not turning on my oven if it’s over 80 degrees out.
I got this idea from one of my vintage cookbooks. I think it was Betty Crocker’s cooking for two. I saw a recipe for a his and hers pie, half chocolate and half vanilla pudding. I have sat on this idea for a few years trying to figure out how I could make something in the crock pot that would be a half and half dessert.
I use butter instead of water in the Jiffy cake mix, I also add a touch of vanilla. I also top the cobbler with cinnamon and sugar.
I hope you try this cobbler! Have a great week, I’ll be back on Monday.
Slow Cooker His and Hers Cobbler
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 21 oz. can apple pie filling
- 21 oz. can cherry pie filling
- 9 oz. box Jiffy yellow cake mix
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- dash of salt
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Open both cans of filling, I’ve had more luck by adding the apple first since it’s thicker to one side of the slow cooker. Add the cherry pie filing next.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix together the cake mix, melted butter, egg, vanilla and salt. I add this on top of the pie fillings by spoonfuls, then I spread it out evenly.
- In a small bowl mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle over the cobbler.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours 15 minutes to 2 hours 30 minutes. Keep the lid on the entire cooking time. The cobbler will be done when the center is set.
- Serve and enjoy!