Slow Cooker Sea Salt Chocolate Almond Clusters are perfect for the holiday cookie trays
I always make quite a few cookies for various gatherings and cookie trays each holiday season, I was brainstorming ideas that are a bit more unique than chocolate chip or sugar cookies and can be prepared in the slow cooker. I decided to try these delicious Slow Cooker Sea Salt Chocolate Almond Clusters and even though they’re not technically cookies, they are so good!
These are definitely the easiest “cookies” you will make this year – just warm- Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips, almonds and vanilla extract in a slow cooker. When it’s melted, scoop the chocolate out into clusters, top with coarse sea salt, and let them cool.
See the beautiful melted texture of the chocolate below? If you walk away from this and forget it, and/or set to HIGH it will burn and not look like the photo below. If you want a good laugh at my previous fail on this recipe look here. I thought I could set this and forget it, nope! Set a timer for sure.
Even though they’re not technically cookies, these Sea Salt Chocolate Almond Clusters belong on every cookie tray and at every holiday gathering this year. They’re so simple to make but taste like a treat from a chocolate shop.
- 1 12-oz. bag Ghirlidelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2.5 cups almonds roasted, unsalted
- 1 tsp. vanillia extract
- coarse sea salt
- Add everything to a 3-quart or larger slow cooker. Stir.
- Set the slow cooker to LOW and cover.
- This will take only 30 minutes, BUT set a timer for every 10 minutes to stir. If you set to high and/or forget to stir, the chocolate will burn and get stiff, trust me I did this when I was testing this recipe.
- After the chocolate has melted and is smooth, scoop the chocolate and almonds out onto sheets of wax paper that are on cookie trays (I use a small ice-cream scoop). Sprinkle with the sea salt. I did just enough to decorate the cookies and give a salty contrast to the sweet chocolate.
- Place the trays in the fridge so the clusters set up.
- Serve at your holiday party or pack onto your cookie trays!
- Makes about 18 clusters
You may also like: Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate Gift Jars