Slow Cooker Sea Salt Chocolate Almond Clusters are perfect for the holiday cookie trays
I always make quite a few cookies for various gatherings and cookie trays each holiday season, I was brainstorming ideas that are a bit more unique than chocolate chip or sugar cookies and can be prepared in the slow cooker. I decided to try these delicious Slow Cooker Sea Salt Chocolate Almond Clusters and even though they’re not technically cookies, they are so good!
These are definitely the easiest “cookies” you will make this year – just warm- Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips, almonds and vanilla extract in a slow cooker. When it’s melted, scoop the chocolate out into clusters, top with coarse sea salt, and let them cool.
See the beautiful melted texture of the chocolate below? If you walk away from this and forget it, and/or set to HIGH it will burn and not look like the photo below. If you want a good laugh at my previous fail on this recipe look here. I thought I could set this and forget it, nope! Set a timer for sure.
Even though they’re not technically cookies, these Sea Salt Chocolate Almond Clusters belong on every cookie tray and at every holiday gathering this year. They’re so simple to make but taste like a treat from a chocolate shop.
Slow Cooker Sea Salt Chocolate Almond Clusters
- Slow Cooker – 3 quart or larger
- 12 oz Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2½ cups almonds roasted, unsalted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- coarse sea salt
- Add everything to a 3-quart or larger slow cooker; stir.
- Set the slow cooker to LOW and cover.
- Set a time for 10 minutes and stir; REPEAT two more times for a total of 30 minutes cooking time. (see notes)
- After the chocolate has melted and is smooth, scoop the chocolate-almonds onto wax paper lined trays (see notes)
- Conservatively sprinkle with the sea salt. (see notes)
- Chill to allow the clusters set up.
- Serve at your holiday party or pack onto your cookie trays!