Just a few ingredients to make thin mints at home! You can make these for cookie platters any time of the year!
These thin mints may not have the chocolate cookie inside that traditional thin mint cookies have, but believe me, you won’t believe the tricks your mind will play on you when you try these. There is so much chocolate mint flavor in the coating that the Ritz cracker just has the supporting role of being crisp. I am going to make these for my holiday cookie trays since they require no baking, I can make these while my oven is full of other goodies.
My daughter just started Girl Scouts last month. She has her vest all ready to go. We won’t be selling cookies until the beginning of the year, so these Ritz Thin Mints will have to hold us over until then! I guess this year her troop has cookie costumes for the girls to wear while they sell cookies, I’ll have to be sure to post some photos then! What fun. 🙂 I hope you have a great week and I’ll have some more recipes for you next week.
More dessert recipes to try:
- Slow Cooker Candied Pecans
- Slow Cooker Sea Salt Almond Clusters
- Slow Cooker White Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- Slow Cooker Granola Berry Crisp
- Slow Cooker Caramel Flan
Slow Cooker Ritz Thin Mints
- Slow Cooker: 2 quart or larger
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips I used Ghirardelli
- 1 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 30 Ritz Crackers 1 sleeve
- Add the chocolate chips, peppermint extract and salt to the slow cooker, stir well.
- Cover and cook on High for 30 about minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- When the chocolate has melted, turn the slow cooker down to LOW.
- Add a Ritz cracker to the chocolate and flip it around with a fork to coat both sides.
- Tap the fork back gently on the side of the slow cooker, allowing the extra chocolate to drip back into the slow cooker.
- Place the chocolate coated cracker onto a wax paper lined sheet tray.
- Repeat with remaining crackers.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour or until the chocolate has hardened.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.