You can make Caramel Flan in the slow cooker. You just need small ramekins and a few ingredients.
This Flan turned out outstanding! I usually eat a dessert only once after making it, and my husband will eat the rest, but I somehow ate 4 out of the 5 flans this recipe makes! It was really that good.
If you have made flan before and made the caramel sauce from scratch, I think you’ll be pleased how easy this recipe is. I used a jarred Smucker’s Caramel Sauce, and it tasted really good, didn’t taste jarred in this recipe at all!
I bought the 6-ounce ramekins from World Market, I only filled them up to the inner lip, so the flan would come out easier. 5 ramekins worked just right for this recipe.
More easy slow cooker desserts:
- Slow Cooker Sea Salt Almond Clusters
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- Slow Cooker Lemon Spoon Cake
- Slow Cooker Banana Nut Cake
Slow Cooker Caramel Flan
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger-oval
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 14 oz. 2% or whole milk measured in above can
- 3 eggs
- 5 Tbsp. Caramel Sauce about half of 12.25 ounce jar of Smucker’s Caramel Topping
- Ramekins I used 5 six ounce ramekins from World Market, I only fill them up to the inner lip of the ramekin.
- Whipped Cream for serving
- In a medium bowl, mix the sweetened condensed milk, the regular milk, and eggs with a whisk until smooth. Keep whisking until you can not feel the heaviness of the sweetened condensed milk on the bottom of the bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of the Caramel Sauce to each ramekin, swirl around with a back of a spoon, to coat all sides.
- Add the milk mixture to the ramekins, I only filled them up to the inner lip, so it would be easier to remove later.
- Add about a half inch of water to the slow cooker.
- Add the ramekins, I had to stack the fifth ramekin on top, and it worked just fine.
- Cover, and cook on HIGH for 2 hours, this is when I check on the flans. The flans are ready when they begin to puff slightly. Mine puffed at 2 hours 15 minutes.
- Remove the flans carefully with a pot holder . Put the flans of a wire rack to cool in the fridge for 3 or more hours.
- After the flans cool completely, take a knife and swirl around the edge of the ramekin, and flip over on a little plate.
- Serve with a squirt of whipped cream. The spray can of whipped cream is actually really good on these, this is what restaurants do.