Banana Cake in the slow cooker? YES! This Slow Cooker Banana Nut Cake is moist and dense and is topped with cream cheese frosting.
Over on my YouTube channel I had a few requests to make more desserts, and of course I had to make time this week for a new dessert recipe. This cake turned out amazing!! The slow cooker cooked it perfectly, the cake rose nice and tall but still had a moist dense texture. I let the cake cool, then made a homemade cream cheese frosting. Let me tell you it was very nice to have this cake available to eat for a few days, it went great with coffee.
What is your favorite dessert to make in the slow cooker? I would love to know! Leave a comment below. I hope you have a great week!
Slow Cooker Banana Nut Cake
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger-oval
- 15.25 oz. yellow cake mix (I use Pillsbury)
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 bananas, mashed (this is about 1 cup measured)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, divided
For the frosting
- 8 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup salted butter (1 stick) (room temperature)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- In a large bowl add the cake mix, melted butter, mashed bananas, water, vanilla extract, and eggs. Whisk until combined, do not worry if there is a few lumps left of cake mix, that is normal. Add about 3/4 of the nuts and stir again. (Saving some nuts for topping the frosting)
- Spray the slow cooker very well with non-stick spray. Add the batter to the slow cooker and smooth out to a flat layer.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2.5 hours, do not open the lid during the cooking time.
- When the cooking time is done. Remove the insert out of the heating unit. Set the ceramic on a cooling rack. Let cake cool completely, this may take a few hours. To speed up the process after the ceramic isn’t piping hot, you can put it in the fridge to cool.
- When the cake is cooled, start making the frosting. You can use a stand mixer, or a handheld electric mixer.
- Blend together the cream cheese and butter until combined. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Blend until smooth, scrape down the sides of the bowl and blend again.
- Spread the frosting on the cooled cake. Sprinkle with reserved nuts. Slice and serve.