Slow Cooker Cinnamon Applesauce
This slow cooker cinnamon applesauce recipe is so easy to make. It turns out perfect, and my 3-year-old gobbled it up! Note- this is not a canning recipe, eat right away, refrigerate, or freeze. This applesauce is yummy on toast, ice cream, or use in place of oil in your cake mixes.
Make sure to get all the peel off your apples, and the core removed completely, it really isn’t tasty when you bite into a hard piece apple.
Wash, peel, and slice apples. Add the cinnamon sticks and cinnamon powder. Add 1 cup of water to slow cooker.
Cook on high for 4 hours, stir occasionally after 2 hours.
- 4 pounds apples, any variety
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or more or less to taste
- Wash, Peel and slice. Put in slow cooker.
- Add cinnamon powder, and cinnamon sticks and water.
- Cook on high for about 4 hours or on low for 8. Stir occasionally after 2 hours. The applesauce will be done when it has little or no chunks.
- Remove cinnamon sticks
- Add sugar to taste.
- Note, this is not a canning recipe, eat right away, refrigerate, or freeze.