This Slow Cooker One Pot Chicken Burrito Filling is the easiest dinner ever!
You won’t believe how easy this meal is. One pot meals are a must if you are tired of cooking, or are short on time. I’ve too often made burritos for dinner and had 3 different pots going, one for the meat, one for beans and one for the rice. Not for this recipe, everything get cooked in one pot and no pre-browning the chicken!
Below is the chicken, salsa, beans, onion, bell pepper and seasonings. DO NOT add the rice at this point. After the cooking time is done I add uncooked Minute® rice to the chicken and sauce. You will find in my blog I do not recommend standard rice in the slow cooker. Standard rice likes a lot of heat, hotter than what the slow cooker can produce, and will turn out gummy in the slow cooker.
This is what it looks like after cooking.
I then shred the chicken and add uncooked Minute rice®, then cook for 20 more minutes.
Below is my video about how to make this slow cooker one pot chicken burrito filling. You can follow me on YouTube, here.
This is my kind of recipe, a no fuss easy dinner. I hope you give it a try! Have a great weekend!
- 1 small sweet onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 15-oz can pinto beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1 16-oz. jar salsa (I used Newman's mild salsa)
- 1.5 - 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1.5 cups uncooked Minute® rice ADD AT THE END
- sour cream
Slow Cooker Size:
- 5- quarts or larger
- Add the onion, bell pepper, pinto beans, cilantro, salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and salsa.
- Stir together.
- Add the chicken breasts. DO NOT ADD RICE YET!
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- When the cooking time is done, shred the chicken with 2 forks. Add the minute rice and stir. Cover again. Turn the slow cooker onto high and cook for 20 minutes more. If your slow cooker had switched to the warm setting while you were gone during the day, you may need to cook the rice longer.
- Serve on tortillas with desired toppings.
I used my touch-screen 6.5 quart Crock-pot® for this recipe though any slow cooker 5 quarts or larger will work fine.
You may also like: Slow Cooker Garlic Lemon Butter Artichokes