Oh my goodness…. I knew this Slow Cooker Doritos Casserole would be good, but it was amazing! This casserole tastes like enchiladas, but a more intense flavor.
The recipe starts by cooking the chicken all day, with a big can of red enchilada sauce. After 8 hours on low, I stirred in sour cream, Monterey jack cheese, and the Nacho Cheese Doritos, then topped with more cheese, olives, and more crushed Doritos. Then I let the casserole cook for 30 more minutes on high.
I would serve this recipe for game day, party, or anytime you are craving some comfort food. Enjoy!
- (1) 28 ounce can Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack Cheese (note- half goes in the casserole, half on top)
- (1) 11 ounce bag Nacho Cheese Doritos, crushed (save ½ cup for topping)
- 2.5 ounce can olives
- Add the chicken breasts, and enchilada sauce to your slow cooker. Cover, and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken breasts right in the slow cooker.
- Stir in the sour cream and half of the cheese, stir.
- Stir in the chips in, reserving a ½ cup for the top.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on the top, then the olives, then the remaining chips.
- Cover, and turn slow cooker to HIGH for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!