Slow Cooker Steakhouse chili is a unique recipe! It has fresh salsa in it and other secret ingredients. Rich and deep flavor and wonderful topped with Fritos.
We love a good chili recipe, in fact, I like to make a chili every week! This recipe and chuckwagon chili are my go-to recipes.
This recipe for steakhouse chili is amazing, I adapted it for my slow cooker and here is how the recipe came about-
A girl I work with, when I barely knew her yet, would bring me chili and a little bag of Fritos for lunch. And of course, I ate it, I never say no to food!
Let me tell you, it was the best chili I have ever had. The Chili wasn’t overpowered by chili seasoning (see what my friend uses instead below), and it had big chunks of steak in it. It’s almost like Fritos were created just for this chili! Well, it turns out my friend’s husband created this chili recipe by accident, what a great accident it was!
What is in this recipe for Steakhouse Chili?
This slow cooker recipe for steakhouse chili doesn’t have your usual ho-hum chili ingredients in it! See below what makes this chili different.
- Steak or Stew Meat – No ground beef in this recipe!
- Taco Seasoning – Skip the chili powder, taco seasoning has way more flavor.
- Au jus – Adds more beef flavor to the recipe (only a half a packet)
- Tomato paste – This thickens the recipe
- Kidney Beans
- Fresh Salsa – I use Roja refrigerated salsa (photo below). This salsa has a fresh flavor and changes the dish. Stirring this in is like adding fresh tomatoes, onions, and cilantro! DO NOT add this until AFTER the cooking time is up.
If you are looking for a new chili recipe, that is amazing, and totally different from any other chili recipe, this steakhouse chili is it!
More Slow Cooker Chili Recipes here:
- Slow Cooker V8 Chili
- Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
- Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Chili
- Slow Cooker Venison Chili
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Turkey Chili
- Slow Cooker Copycat Wendy’s Chili
How I serve this chili:
- Fritos – the best topping for this chili
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
Slow Cooker Steak House Chili
- 1 1/2 lb. cubed sirloin or stew meat
- 4 cups water
- .50 oz. dry au jus (half of a 1 ounce packet)
- 1.25 oz. taco seasoning packet
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 30 oz. kidney beans drained
- 16 oz. container fresh salsa (found in the refrigerated section of the store, not too chunky, I use Reser's Restaurant style)
- Fritos (regular kind, not scoops)
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- In your slow cooker, add 4 cups water a half packet of au jus mix, taco seasoning packet, and tomato paste.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Add stew meat, or sirloin, and drained kidney beans.
- DO NOT ADD SALSA YET!
- Cook on low for 8 to 9 hours.
- Stir in fresh salsa.
- Cook for 20 minutes longer, just enough to warm it up again.
- Serve with fritos on top.
- If the chili is too salty for your taste, add some water at the end of cooking time.