Have venison? Try my three pepper Slow Cooker Venison Chili that is full of veggies and spice.
This Slow Cooker Venison Chili is my favorite way to use up venison! I use three different types of peppers; jalapeño, Anaheim, and yellow bell pepper. It is just the right amount of heat! I top the chili with cheddar cheese, green onions, and serve cornbread on the side.
We often have more venison than we know what to do with it, and when I run out I often buy ground venison from my butcher, they have it in the freezer case. This chili is requested by my husband often, we like to make this chili when we are RV camping too!
How to make Venison Chili:
You will need these ingredients:
- Ground venison
- Salt and pepper
- Onion powder
- White onion
- Poblano or Anaheim pepper
- Yellow bell pepper
- Diced tomatoes
- Tomato paste
- Beef broth
- Black beans
- Chili seasoning mix
- Add everything to the slow cooker and stir.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Stir and serve with toppings such as cheddar cheese, green onion and oyster crackers.
Can I add beer?
Yes! Add a 12 oz. can of beer instead of the beef broth, it will add depth of flavor to the chili. I often do this with beef chili too, it smells great while cooking.
Other great slow cooker venison recipes that I love:
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Venison
- Slow Cooker Venison Stroganoff
- Slow Cooker Venison Roast
- Slow Cooker Kitchen Sink Venison Soup
- Slow Cooker Venison Stew
BEST Venison chili ever I have made this twice for chili cookouts and won 1st place in both with this is awesome chili.”
Super bomb. I have had some good chili and none compare to this recipe. Thanks for the recipe!”
Can I use a venison roast instead of
If you have cubed venison (stew meat) or a venison roast you need to use, you can use that in this recipe. Use 1-2 pounds of cubed venison or cut a small roast into cubes and cook as directed in the recipe card, though no need to brown the meat.
- Slow Cooker Size: 6-quart or larger
- 1 lb. ground venison
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1 cup white onion diced
- 1 jalapeño minced
- 1 Poblano or Aneheim pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1.25 oz. pkt. Mccormick Chili Seasoning Packet
- 14 oz. can beef broth (or one 12 oz. can of beer)
- 1 cup water
- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes with jalapeños
- 15 oz. can black beans drained
- 15 oz. can kidney beans drained
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- In a non-stick skillet set to medium heat brown the venison, while the meat is cooking season it with a sprinkle over the salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Add the meat to the slow cooker.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients.
- Set the slow cooker to low for 8 hours.
- Ladle the chili in bowls, and top with cheese, and green onions, serve with cornbread.
First Published: 01/12/2014
Here are my other slow cooker chili recipes:
- Slow Cooker V8 Chili
- Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
- Slow Cooker No Bean Texas Chili
- Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Chili
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Turkey Chili
- Slow Cooker Steakhouse Chili
- Slow Cooker Memphis Chili
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Poblano Chili
- Slow Cooker Copycat Wendy’s Chili
- Slow Cooker Low Carb Beef and Bacon Chili