I decided to make a spicy slow cooker venison chili, it turned out fantastic! I used 3 different types of peppers: jalapeño, Anaheim, and a yellow bell pepper. It was just the right amount of heat! I topped with cheddar cheese, green onions, and served cornbread on the side.
We have about 19 more pounds of ground venison, and this will be my go to recipe for sure! If you have a great venison recipe, please leave a comment below. I would love some more recipes!
- 1 pound ground venison
- onion powder
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 Anaheim pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 Mccormick Chili Seasoning Packet
- (1) 14 ounce can beef broth
- (1) 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes with jalapeños
- (1) 15 ounce can black beans (drained)
- (1) 15 ounce can kidney beans (drained)
- (1) 6 ounce can tomato paste
- In a non-stick skillet set to medium heat brown the venison, while the meat is cooking season it with a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Add the meat to the slow cooker.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients.
- Set the slow cooker to low for 8 hours.
- Ladle the chili in bowls, and top with cheese, and green onions, serve with cornbread.
Shared at these link parties: Kitchen Dreaming-Chili Cook-Off