Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Chili has great enchilada flavors and is amazing served with tortilla chips!
I was craving chili this week and wanted to make something different from my usual go-to chili recipes. This recipe has red enchilada sauce as a base and uses beef stew meat instead of ground beef. I loved the way this turned out, the sauce had an amazing flavor after cooking all day and the beef was nice and tender.
I love stewed tomatoes in chili. A family friend Janet got me started on that years ago. Janet would carefully cut the stewed tomatoes with a paring knife in her hands before adding to the pot. I throw them in whole and use a wooden spoon to smash them after the chili has cooked. I think the stewed tomatoes add more flavor than diced canned tomatoes.
I had so much extra time during the day since this chili takes 9 hours to cook that I made homemade tortilla chips. If you don’t want to make homemade chips, find a Hispanic brand of tortilla chips, to me they taste more homemade or like what restaurants serve.
This is a great chili recipe to try! Something completely different from the ground beef chili recipes. Have a great week!
Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Chili
- Slow Cooker – 5 quart or larger
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat 1.5 – 2 lbs.
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. garlic minced
- ⅛ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 cup red onion diced
- 30 oz. Mexican Style stewed tomatoes (Two-15-oz. cans)
- 19 oz. enchilada sauce
- 30 oz. pinto beans (Two-15-oz. cans); drained
Options for Serving
- tortilla chips
- Colby Jack cheese
- Fresh avocado
- Add everything to the slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 9 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- When the cooking time is up, and if desired, break up the tomatoes if they are still whole. (see notes)
- Serve with tortilla chips and cheese if desired.
How to Video:
Many more Slow Cooker Chili Recipes here:
- Slow Cooker V8 Chili
- Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
- Slow Cooker No Bean Texas Chili
- Slow Cooker Venison Chili
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Turkey Chili
- Slow Cooker Steakhouse Chili
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Poblano Chili
- Slow Cooker Copycat Wendy’s Chili
- Slow Cooker Low Carb Beef and Bacon Chili