Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Chili has great enchilada flavors and is amazing served with tortilla chips!
If you can’t get enough recipes with enchilada sauce in them, also try my chicken enchilada pasta!
I was craving chili this week and wanted to make something different from my usual go-to chili recipes. This recipe has red enchilada sauce as a base and uses beef stew meat instead of ground beef. I loved the way this turned out, the sauce had an amazing flavor after cooking all day and the beef was nice and tender.
I love stewed tomatoes in chili. A family friend Janet got me started on that years ago. Janet would carefully cut the stewed tomatoes with a paring knife in her hands before adding to the pot. I throw them in whole and use a wooden spoon to smash them after the chili has cooked. I think the stewed tomatoes add more flavor than diced canned tomatoes.
I had so much extra time during the day since this chili takes 9 hours to cook that I made homemade tortilla chips. If you don’t want to make homemade chips, find a Hispanic brand of tortilla chips, to me they taste more homemade or like what restaurants serve.
Many more Slow Cooker Chili Recipes here:
- Slow Cooker V8 Chili
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
- Slow Cooker No Bean Texas Chili
- Slow Cooker Venison Chili
- Slow Cooker Steakhouse Chili
- Slow Cooker Copycat Wendy’s Chili
- Slow Cooker Low Carb Beef and Bacon Chili
Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Chili
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat 1.5 – 2 lbs.
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. garlic minced
- 1/8 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 cup red onion diced
- 30 oz. Mexican Style stewed tomatoes (Two-15-oz. cans)
- 19 oz. enchilada sauce
- 30 oz. pinto beans (Two-15-oz. cans); drained
Options for Serving
- tortilla chips
- Colby Jack cheese
- Fresh avocado
- Add everything to the slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 9 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- When the cooking time is up, and if desired, break up the tomatoes if they are still whole. (see notes)
- Serve with tortilla chips and cheese if desired.
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.