I love me a bowl of Wendy’s Chili! Don’t you? I created this Copycat Wendy’s Chili Recipe for my whole family to enjoy. My daughter who is four, does not like spicy foods, or chili for that matter, she tried this, and loved it! This recipe is a tad spicy like Wendy’s, not so much the kids won’t eat it.
I have a friend who worked at Wendy’s, and I she told me that at Wendy’s they chop up the hamburgers off the line, that are about to expire, and save them for the chili? Well this is a bit gross, but I do like how big and chunky the meat is. So when making this chili, I cook up seasoned hamburger patties., chop them up, and throw them in the slow cooker, so there is big chunks of meat, just like Wendy’s.
So, after I cooked the meat, I added onions, celery, a Anaheim pepper (these are not spicy), kidney beans, pinto beans, beef broth, tomato paste, canned diced tomatoes, and a chili packet, stirred, and cooked on low for 8 hours, WITH OUT PEEKING! After cooking time is up, ladle into bowls, and top with cheddar cheese, diced onion, and saltines.
I bought the little white paper bowls from a restaurant supply store (Cash and Carry), not good for the environment, but great for taking to work!
- 1 pound ground hamburger
- onion powder
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1 Anaheim Pepper, seeds and stem removed, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- (1) 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained
- (1) 15 ounce can pinto beans, drained
- (1) 14 ounce can beef broth
- (1) 6 ounce can tomato paste
- (1) 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- (1) 1.25 ounce packet McCormick Original Chili MIx
- Cheddar Cheese, grated
- White, or yellow onion, diced
- At Wendy's they use chopped up hamburgers, so the meat is bigger and chunkier, so that's what I did, I shaped my hamburger into 4 patties, sprinkled with salt, onion powder, and lots of black pepper, and cooked them on the stove top. Then chopped them up, and threw into the slow cooker. Or you can brown the meat like normal by breaking up as you cook it.
- Add the other ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cover, set to LOW for 8 hours. Do not open lid during cooking time.
- After cooking time is up, stir, and ladle into bowls, top with onions, cheese, and saltines!
Here are many more Slow Cooker Chili Recipes:
- Slow Cooker V8 Chili
- Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
- Slow Cooker No Bean Texas Chili
- Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Chili
- Slow Cooker Venison Chili
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Turkey Chili
- Slow Cooker Steakhouse Chili
- Slow Cooker Memphis Chili
- Slow Cooker Poblano White Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Low Carb Beef and Bacon Chili