Slow Cooker Chili Cheese Casserole is everything comfort food should be!
This is one of those throw it together comfort meals that is great for game day or even a quick dinner. Fritos and chili are a match made in heaven. I didn’t know how the Fritos would do on the bottom of this, I was hoping for the best. I found that Fritos soaked up some of the chili and even browned some along the bottom edges.
My inspiration for this recipe came from an old cookbook I got from woman off a Facebook group, the woman I met had inherited all of her aunt’s things and her aunt had collected hundreds of cookbooks. I bought about 10 vintage cookbooks from her, she had some very unique books! The cookbook I found this recipe in is called Foreign Foods Recipes from Home Economic teachers. It took me a while to realize all the recipes weren’t authentic, they are more on the easy side, which is fine!
Below is my YouTube video about how to make this Slow Cooker Chili Cheese Casserole. You can follow me on YouTube, here.
When I reheated this recipe up the next day it was thicker, but still great. I like to add more Fritos on top of each serving. I hope you have a great week!
Slow Cooker Chili Cheese Casserole
- 9 1/4 oz. bag fritos
- 2 15-oz. can Nalley Original Chili
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
Slow Cooker Size:
- 4 quart or larger
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray. Sprinkle 1.5 cups of fritos to the bottom of the slow cooker. Then spoon over the chili. Then sprinkle over half the onions. Sprinkle over half of the cheese. Spread over all the sour cream. Top with the rest of the cheese and onions.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Serve with the additional fritos on top. Enjoy!
You may also like: Slow Cooker Peachy Barbecue Ribs