Are you ready for game day? I’ve got this delicious Chili Queso Dip recipe for you today. It has everything you love about chili queso dip, but I added bacon and green chiles to make it even better.
As you may know I do not watch football, but I do love to make the food for the game. I’ll probably eat, then head out to Barnes and Noble, or dig out a quilt that I’ve been working on for 3 years. It’s a quilt of my daughter’s old shirts. It’s going to be so cute, if I ever sit down and get it finished.
I’ve seen the commercials in the past that heat up this style of dip in the microwave. I prefer to keep the dip hot the entire game, and that’s why the crock pot is the way to go for me. I use Hormel® Chili for this dip, it has the perfect flavor and consistency.
I made a short video of how to make this dip on YouTube. This is only my second video I’ve made. I created my YouTube Channel just a few days ago. Though making these videos take some time to create, I really enjoy making them!
I was pleasently pleased how smooth this dip turned out. Most other dips I’ve tried I had to add massive amounts of milk to thin it out. The Hormel® Chili and sour cream do the job of thinning the cheese out beautifully.
Want to try this recipe for game day? There is coupons for the chili! Get them here.
- 1 (32-oz.) box Velveeta, sliced or cubed
- 2 (15-oz.) can original Hormel® Chili with Beans
- 1 (16-oz.) container sour cream
- 1 (7-oz) can diced mild green chiles, drained
- 6 slices cooked and sliced bacon
- Add everything to a 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 2.5 hours, stirring once every half hour.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!