Are you ready for game day? I’ve got this delicious Chili Queso Dip recipe for you today. It has everything you love about chili queso dip, but I added bacon and green chiles to make it even better.
As you may know I do not watch football, but I do love to make the food for the game. I’ll probably eat, then head out to Barnes and Noble, or dig out a quilt that I’ve been working on for 3 years. It’s a quilt of my daughter’s old shirts. It’s going to be so cute, if I ever sit down and get it finished.
I’ve seen the commercials in the past that heat up this style of dip in the microwave. I prefer to keep the dip hot the entire game, and that’s why the crock pot is the way to go for me. I use Hormel® Chili for this dip, it has the perfect flavor and consistency.
I was pleasently pleased how smooth this dip turned out. Most other dips I’ve tried I had to add massive amounts of milk to thin it out. The Hormel® Chili and sour cream do the job of thinning the cheese out beautifully.
Want to try this recipe for game day? There is coupons for the chili! Get them here.
- Slow Cooker Size: 4 quart or larger
- 32 oz. Velveeta sliced or cubed
- 30 oz. Original Hormel® Chili with Beans (two-15-oz. cans)
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 7 oz diced mild green chiles drained
- 6 slices bacon cooked and sliced
- Add everything to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2.5 hours, stirring once 30 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!