This Slow Cooker Texas Trash Beef and Bean Dip is extremely creamy and hearty, makes for the best game-day dip!
This Slow Cooker Texas Trash Beef and Bean Dip is a must-try. I really don’t know why it is called Texas Trash, but my guess is that it is because it is filled with all the heavenly foods that we shouldn’t eat every day! Most recipes for Texas Trash dip don’t have beef. I think beef is a natural addition and makes this dip more into a meal.
I’ve made so many bean dips over the years, this one is very different. The cream cheese adds so much flavor and creaminess, and the flavor of the cream cheese helps the canned beans taste homemade.
I mix everything in my slow cooker, then wipe down the edges before cooking.
After 2 hours on high the dip looks like this (with some adding toppings).
The only thing I added to make this extra delicious was salsa on top of each serving on the plates. I found a new salsa at Walmart that is a necessity try if you love Tapatio hot sauce, it’s Tapatio Picante Sauce. Have a great weekend! I hope you try this recipe for game day!
Slow Cooker Texas Trash Beef and Bean Dip
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 16 oz. can refried beans
- 8 oz. pkg. Colby Jack cheese, shredded and divided
- 7 oz. can fire-roasted green chiles, drained
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream plus more for serving
- 1 oz. pkg. taco seasoning
- Chips for serving
- Optional: Serve with extra sour cream olives and salsa
- Brown meat on the stove-top in a medium sized skillet, or in the slow cooker if your slow cooker has a browning option. Drain the grease. Add meat to slow cooker if using a skillet.
- Add the refried beans, 2/3 of the cheese, chiles, cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning. Stir everything together and flatten out with a spatula. Wipe down edges of slow cooker for a neat appearance.
- Sprinkle over remaining cheese.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve with chips and additional sour cream, olives and salsa if desired.
How to Video:
Lots of ground beef recipes here on the blog, here are the most popular:
- Slow Cooker John Wayne Casserole
- Slow Cooker Shipwreck Stew
- Slow Cooker Land Your Man Baked Beans
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
- Slow Cooker Beef and Potato Au Gratin
- Slow Cooker Hobo Dinner
- Slow Cooker Taco Meat Loaf Stuffed Peppers
- Slow Cooker Porcupine Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Lipton Onion Meatloaf
- Slow Cooker Chuck Wagon Chili
- Slow Cooker Hamburger Hash