Is it football season already? This Slow Cooker 7-layer Bean Dip is such an easy appetizer for game day! I’m not a huge football fan. Ok, I’m not a fan at all. But I have no problem making food for the game and taking my plate up to the computer or the other TV.
The only real prep work in this Slow Cooker 7-Layer Bean Dip is browning the meat and shredding cheese. And assembling the dip after those tasks are done takes just minutes. You can make this dip your own. I know not all people like jalapeño; fresh tomatoes or avocados could be added instead (at the end of the cooking time).
I have a few more slow cooker party recipes, here is the list of them: Party Food Index.
- 1 (15-oz.) can refried beans
- 1 lb. ground beef- cooked, crumbled, drained and seasoned with salt and pepper.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (8-oz.) block cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup jarred jalapeno slices
- ¼ cup green onions (add when done)
- In oval slow cooker start by spreading the refried beans on the bottom. Then layer the next items, not adding the green onion until the end.
- Cover, and cook on HIGH for 1.5-2 hours.
- If the salsa has caused some liquid on the top, blot with paper towel.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!