This Slow Cooker Creamy Bean and Cheese is ultra creamy with sour cream mixed in!
A few simple ingredients and less than 2 hours in the slow cooker produce this ultra-creamy dip!
This bean dip is such an easy appetizer! I wanted a simple bean dip, no salsa or jalapenos this time. I added a few spices to make the canned beans taste homemade.
I was feeling ambitious the day I made this and made corn tortilla chips. This Creamy Bean and Cheese Dip with the homemade corn chips is HEAVEN! Homemade chips aren’t hard to make, see how easy they are to make with this Fine Cooking chips recipe.
Paired with homemade or store-bought tortillas chips. YUM!
Other great Mexican Dips to make in the slow cooker:
- Slow Cooker Texas Trash Beef and Bean Dip
- Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Bean Dip
- Slow Cooker Chili Queso
- Slow Cooker 7 Layer Bean Dip
- Slow Cooker Taco Dip
Slow Cooker Creamy Bean and Cheese Dip
- cooking spray
- 32 oz. refried beans (two-16 oz cans)-I used orignal Rosarita brand
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper optional, this can be hot!
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded and divided
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Place the beans, sour cream, salt, onion powder, cayenne powder, and 1 cup of the cheese in to a medium-sized bowl; mix together until smooth.
- Evenly spread the beans in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the beans.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour 45 minutes, or until heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.