Easy Slow Cooker Barbecue Meatballs only have 3 ingredients and are wonderful for an appetizer or over mashed potatoes for dinner.
Is it a party if someone doesn’t bring the Slow Cooker Barbecue Meatballs? I think not!
My sister-in-law makes these amazing barbecue meatballs for our family get togethers and everyone always asks for her secret recipe.
She laughs and says it’s just barbecue sauce and frozen meatballs! Another great recipe of hers on my site is Slow Cooker Molasses Barbecue Little Smokies.
I stick with my sister-in-laws “secret” recipe but I add diced white onion. Because if you love onions, they make everything better.
How to make:
These meatballs are as easy as 1-2-3! Yep, just three ingredients to one of the best appetizers (or dinner!).
You will need these ingredients:
- Frozen homestyle meatballs
- Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce
- Diced white onion
Add the frozen meatballs to the slow cooker and add the onion and Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce. Stir.
How long do I cook frozen meatballs in the slow cooker?
Cook for 2.5 hours on high or 4 hours on low, stirring occasionally. The meatballs should be hot in the center and very moist after warming up.
How long can I keep meatballs in the slow cooker?
If you are serving these meatballs as an appetizer you can keep them warm for about 3 hours by placing the slow cooker to the warm setting.
Keep an eye on the meatballs and stir them occasionally and if the sauce seems to dry out, add a splash of water.
How to serve:
- As an appetizer with toothpicks
- Mashed potatoes
- Steamed white rice
- Slider buns
- Hoagie rolls
My family enjoyed these meatballs over homemade mashed potatoes. It’s a great recipe for summer because you get that barbecue flavor with very little effort.
Whether you are planning a party or need a last minute dinner idea these Slow Cooker Barbecue Meatballs are your ticket to deliciousness! Your guests will ask what your secret recipe is, you can tell them how easy they are!
Other great meatball recipes:
- Slow Cooker Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Porcupine Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Easy Meatball Sliders
Slow Cooker Barbecue Meatballs
- Slow Cooker – 4 quart or larger
- 40 oz. frozen meatballs (I use Safeway's Kitchen brand homestyle meatballs)
- 16 oz. Sweet Baby Ray's Original Barbecue Sauce
- 1 small sweet yellow onion diced
- Add the frozen meatballs to the slow cooker.
- Add the diced white onion and barbecue sauce. Stir.
- Cover and cook on high for 2.5 hours or on low for 4 hours. Stir occasionally so the meatballs won't burn on the edges.
- Serve as an appetizer with toothpicks or as dinner on top of mashed potatoes or rice. Or you can serve on slider or hoagie rolls.
To keep warm at a party:
- After the cooking time is up, set the slow cooker to the warm setting.
- The meatballs can be kept warm for up to 3 hours. Check on the meatballs occasionally and stir. Add a splash of water if sauce seems to be dry.