This Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken Spaghetti is a take on Olive Garden’s Chicken Scampi. Creamy Pasta and chicken with bell peppers and red onion.
I made this Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken Spaghetti to be similar to Olive Garden’s Chicken Scampi. Doing some research I found out that scampi means shrimp, but this dish has chicken in it? Olive Garden can get away with calling a chicken dish “shrimp”, but I can’t be doing that sort of thing here on my tiny blog, the Facebook comments would be endless!
In my slow cooker I cook the chicken with chicken broth, garlic, seasonings, and butter (for more flavor) for most of the day. Then after I get home I add the rest of the ingredients.
I add the bell peppers to the last hour of cooking. Bell peppers cook very fast once the slow cooker it hot.
After the bell peppers have cooked, I shred the chicken, add heavy cream and cooked angel hair pasta and parmesan cheese. I use the shake can type of cheese for this dish, though freshly grated would be good too.
This meal is loved by all in my house! My family loves pasta, and pasta is the one meal I can count on my 10-
More pasta recipes to make in your crockpot:
- Slow Cooker Southwest Cheesy Chicken Pasta
- Slow Cooker Baked Spaghetti
- Slow Cooker Turkey Tetrazzini
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken Spaghetti
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. salted butter
- 2 bell peppers sliced (these get added towards the end)
- 1 cup heavy cream add at the end
- 1/2 lb. angel hair or spaghetti pasta cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese plus more for serving
- Place the chicken, chicken broth, onion, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley, salt, pepper and butter into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours. Add the bell peppers after the 7 hours is up, and cook for 1 hour more.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Add the heavy cream, stir. Add the cooked and drained pasta and the 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese. Stir gently.
- Serve with additional cheese if desired.