This Slow Cooker Southwestern Cheesy Chicken Pasta is a meal the entire family will love!
This Slow Cooker Southwestern Cheesy Chicken Pasta was a hit! Just a few simple ingredients thrown in the slow cooker in the morning, when I was ready to serve dinner I shredded the chicken, then stirred in cheese, sour cream and cooked shell pasta. How easy is that? I love an unexpected dinner, I’ve seen very few pasta dishes with this type of flavor.
It has been about 2 weeks since I quit my job delivering mail at the post office. I love being able to work on my blog more, but really where does the time go during the day. I feel like I never can get the dishes or laundry done! My favorite thing so far is being able watch a movie with my daughter that she has never seen, or deciding on a whim to go swimming or to the playground. Though most of my day is not spent relaxing and sitting around like I imagined, I feel like I made the right decision to stay home and a make the blog my full-time job.
This is the pasta I used for the recipe. Though the makers of this imported pasta would cringe about my dump and go southwestern recipe I used their pasta with, I really loved the texture of it, it’s a little thicker than normal pasta so you really can sink your teeth into it. I got this pasta at Fred Meyer (same as Kroger).
Slow Cooker Southwestern Cheesy Chicken PastaPrint Pin Rate
- 20 oz. Ro-tel (2 cans)
- 11 oz. can Mexicorn (or a can of southwestern corn mix), drained
- 3.8 oz. can olives, drained
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- 2 lbs. boneless skin-less chicken breasts
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 pound medium-sized shell pasta, cooked according to package directions, drained
- Additional shredded cheese
- Sliced green onions
Slow Cooker Size:
- 6 quart or larger
- Add the Rotel, Mexicorn, olives, chili powder, oregano, salt, pepper and cumin to a 6-quart slow cooker, stir. Add the chicken into this mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks right in the slow cooker.
- Stir in the cheese and sour cream, then stir in the cooked and drained pasta.
- Serve each serving with a sprinkle of more cheese, and then a sprinkle of green onion.