Want to try something different for dinner? Try this Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Spaghetti, you will love it!
Hi all! I am really excited to share this recipe with you all today. I found this recipe in a facebook group called Crock Pot Heaven. A member named Kierstyn shared her creation for chicken spaghetti. Her recipe for chicken spaghetti is made in a way I’ve never seen, it has cream of chicken soup and cream cheese to make it creamy. Kierstyn’s recipe and photos enticed me so much that I asked her if I could share the recipe here on the blog. Thank you Kierstyn for letting me share this recipe! Here is her original recipe , and you can find how I made it below, I tried not to change much.
One thing I love about her recipe is she uses cut up the chicken instead of whole chicken breasts. That means this meal doesn’t has shredded chicken like most slow cooker recipes. I only cooked this for 6 hours on low, so the chicken kept its shape. It will end up shredding if you cook this longer than 6 hours.
After the sauce has finished cooking, cooked spaghetti is stirred in. Don’t be tempted to add uncooked noodles to the sauce, they will end up chalky and mushy!
More spaghetti-style recipes to make in the slow cooker:
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Squash and Turkey Meat Sauce
- Slow Cooker Baked Spaghetti
I really enjoyed trying this new recipe. Thank you again, Kierstyn for letting me try! I hope you all have a great week!
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Spaghetti
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 48 oz. spaghetti sauce (I used 2 jars of Classico Tomato and Basil)
- 21 oz. cream of chicken soup (2 10.5 oz. cans) do not add water
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 2 lbs. chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb. spaghetti (cooked according to package directions on stove-top)
- Add the spaghetti sauce, cream of chicken soup, oregano, basil, garlic powder, cream cheese, and chicken. Stir. The cream cheese will still be in cubes, that is fine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain well. Add to the sauce and stir. Add the mozzarella cheese on top. Add the lid back on and let the cheese melt, this will only take a few minutes. Serve and enjoy!Note- Kierstyn’s original recipe uses 16 ounces cream cheese and has mozzarella added in the beginning while the sauce cooks. You can make it either way, it will be great!