Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan and Pasta is everything you love in one pot. Chicken, tomato sauce, and pasta topped with Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese
This easy crockpot chicken parmesan is one of the first recipes on the blog and one of the most popular. You can’t make crispy chicken parmesan in the slow cooker (you’ll end up with soggy breadcrumbs), but you can make an outrageous chicken pasta with all the saucy and cheese flavors you’d expect.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts – We aren’t using fried patties in this recipe. Boneless chicken breasts will shred up great and go perfectly with the sauce, pasta, and cheese.
- Pasta Sauce – You can use your favorite pasta sauce. We love Ragu, Raos, or even Newman’s Own Marinara sauce.
- Seasonings – Salt, pepper, and oregano. You can use Italian Seasoning if you have that on hand.
- Penne pasta – Cook according to package directions and add to slow cooker at the end of the cooking time.
- Cheeses – Mozzarella and a touch of parmesan cheese top this dish.
Step One – Add the chicken to the slow cooker and sprinkle over the salt, pepper, and oregano.
Step Two -Pour over the pasta sauce. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
Step Three – Shred the chicken with two forks. Cook the pasta on the stovetop according to the package directions.
Step Four – Stir the drained pasta into the chicken and sauce. Sprinkle over the mozzarella cheese and then the parmesan.
Step Five – Place the lid back on the slow cooker just long enough for the cheese to melt; this usually takes 15 minutes.
Step Six – Serve and enjoy!
What to serve this with:
I often think about what my favorite restaurant would serve with the dish when I’m picking sides. Here are my favorites for this dish:
- Sauteed Broccoli or Asparagus
- Ceaser salad
- Breadsticks, French rolls, or garlic bread.
- Don’t forget about dessert! Such as tiramisu or strawberry gelato!
Yes! You can put the raw thawed chicken in the slow cooker. No need to brown it; the crockpot will do all the work.
You can use rotini, rigatoni, bow-tie, or even spaghetti noodles in this dish. I do not recommend using egg noodles.
Place the cooked and cooled pasta into freezer ziplock bags or plastic containers. Store in the fridge for three days or in the freezer for three months.
The best way to reheat this parmesan chicken pasta is to place a single serving in a microwavable bowl and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan and Pasta
- 48 oz Ragu Pasta Sauce (two 24-oz. jars)
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. oregano (or Italian Seasoning)
- 1 lb. penne pasta cooked according to package directions
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Add the chicken to a 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Sprinkle over the salt, pepper, and oregano. Pour over the pasta sauce.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- When the cooking time is done, prepare the pasta on the stove-top according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, shred the chicken with two forks. You can do this right in the slow cooker.
- Drain the pasta very well. Add the pasta to the chicken and sauce in the slow cooker. Stir. Flatten the pasta out into an even layer. Sprinkle over the shredded mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Cover for 15 more minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.