Today I’m sharing this easy recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan and Pasta. My mom would always slow cook her sauce with meat all-day, she would stir her sauce often throughout the day. I like to use my slow cooker, so I can set it and walk away. I hadn’t cooked chicken in tomato sauce before this. The chicken turned out very flavorful slow cooked in this Ragu Tomato, Garlic and Onion sauce! It was nice to have a pasta dinner that wasn’t made with ground beef for a change.
Below is the sauce after it had cooked all-day with the chicken. Doesn’t it look good? This made the house smell heavenly while it cooked!
After the chicken and sauce was ready, I stirred in 1 pound of cooked penne pasta.
I topped the pasta with 2 types of cheeses. Put the lid back on to let the cheese melt.
This was the easiest chicken Parmesan I have ever made. My daughter loved this meal! She and I ate this on our way out the door to girl scouts. I left the slow cooker on warm for my husband who comes home after we have left for girl scouts.
Here is my YouTube video of the making of this meal! So easy. You can follow me on YouTube here.
Did you know that Ragu sauce has no artificial flavors, no artificial colors, and no high fructose corn syrup? And Ragu always seems to be the most cost-effective choice as well. Have a great week! I will be back soon with another recipe.
- 2 (24-oz.) jars Ragu Chunky Tomato, Garlic and Onion Sauce
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. oregano
- 1 lb. penne pasta (cooked according to package directions)
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Add the chicken to a 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Sprinkle over the salt, pepper and oregano. Pour over the Ragu Chunky Tomato Sauce.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- When the slow cooker is done cooking, prepare the pasta on the stove-top according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, remove the chicken on to a plate and cut into bite size pieces, the chicken will shred very easy, but I still like to cut it up a bit so there isn't long strings of chicken. Add the chicken back to the sauce.
- Drain the pasta very well. Add the pasta to the chicken and sauce in the slow cooker. Stir. Flatten the pasta out into an even layer. Sprinkle over the shredded mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Cover for 15 more minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
You may also like: Slow Cooker Maple Cardamom Apples