This post sponsored by Ragu, though all opinions are mine alone
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan and Pasta is everything you love in one pot. Chicken, tomato sauce, and pasta topped with Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese
Today I’m sharing this easy recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan and Pasta. My mom would always slow cook her sauce with meat all-day; she would stir her sauce often throughout the day. I like to use my slow cooker, so I can set it and walk away.
This is the first time I had cooked chicken with tomato sauce, and the results were great.
How to make Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan and Pasta:
You will need these ingredients:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Ragu Pasta Sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Penne pasta
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker and sprinkle over the salt, pepper, and oregano
- Pour over the pasta sauce.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred the chicken with two forks. Cook the pasta on the stove top according to the package directions.
- Stir the drained pasta into the chicken and sauce. Sprinkle over the mozzarella cheese and then the parmesan. Place the lid back on the slow cooker just long enough for the cheese to melt; this usually takes 15 minutes.
What to serve this with:
When I’m picking sides, I often think about what my favorite restaurant would serve with the dish. Here are my favorites for this dish:
- Sauteed Broccoli or Asparagus
- Ceaser salad
- Breadsticks or French rolls
- Don’t forget about dessert! Such as tiramisu or strawberry gelato!
This is the easiest chicken Parmesan I have ever made. My daughter loved this meal! She and I ate this on our way out the door to girl scouts. I left the slow cooker on warm for my husband who comes home after we have left. Enjoy this recipe!
More recipes for your slow cooker that have pasta:
- Slow Cooker Baked Spaghetti
- Slow Cooker Southwestern Cheesy Chicken Pasta
- Slow Cooker Pesto Mozzarella Chicken Pasta
- Slow Cooker Short Rib Ragu
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan and Pasta
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 48 oz Ragu Pasta Sauce (two 24-oz. jars)
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1 lb. penne pasta cooked according to package directions
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Add the chicken to a 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Sprinkle over the salt, pepper, and oregano. Pour over the pasta sauce.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- When the cooking time is done, prepare the pasta on the stove-top according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, shred the chicken with two forks. You can do this right in the slow cooker.
- Drain the pasta very well. Add the pasta to the chicken and sauce in the slow cooker. Stir. Flatten the pasta out into an even layer. Sprinkle over the shredded mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Cover for 15 more minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve and enjoy!