Comfort food at it finest! This Slow Cooker Chicken Tetrazzini is a family favorite!
As you may know I mostly post dinner recipes on the blog. Having dinner together with my family is most important to me. We try as much as possible to eat dinner at the table, so finding a meal we all love makes dinner time run smoother (remember I have a very picky 6-year old).
This slow cooker chicken Tetrazzini starts out with Foster Farms Simply Raised fresh chicken breast fillets. I try to find this brand for my recipes, my local Fred Meyer stocks it regularly. I love that there is never any antibiotics used and that it is always fresh and locally grown. Foster Farms has a new campaign called #thenewcomfortfood. It’s about healthy recipes, minimal ingridents and quick preparation. There are so many great recipes being created around this healthier concept of comfort food using Foster Farms Simply raised fresh chicken.
I start by adding the chicken, seasonings, mushrooms and onions to the slow cooker. I let that cook all day. When I am ready to serve dinner, I add cream cheese, shred the chicken then stir in a half pound of cooked spaghetti. Add a bit of mozzarella and cover the slow cooker until the cheese melts. This meal is great with 1/3 less fat cream cheese and reduced fat mozzarella cheese, make it to accommodate your families diet!.
What I love about this meal is that it’s great for spaghetti night, but a fresher spin on pasta.
Here is the YouTube video of the making of this meal! You can follow me here.
There are so many more great recipes for Foster Farms Simply Raised fresh chicken. You can see them here.
- 1.5 lbs. Foster Farms Simply Raised fresh chicken breast fillets
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1½ tsp. dried tarragon
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, ⅓ less fat or regular
- ½ pound dried spaghetti noodles (1/2 a box), cook according to package directions
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. mozzarella cheese, grated (reduced-fat or regular)
- Add the chicken, sea salt, garlic powder, pepper, tarragon, onions and mushrooms. Pour over the chicken broth. DO NOT ADD THE CREAM CHEESE OR SPAGHETTI YET. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours, or HIGH for 4 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Cut the cream cheese into squares and add the slow cooker, cover. In the meantime cook the spaghetti according to the package directions.
- After the cream cheese has had some time to melt. Take 2 forks and shred the chicken. Stir the sauce and chicken together. Add the cooked and drained pasta. Stir. Add the mozzarella cheese over the pasta and sauce. Cover for about 10 more minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve and enjoy!
You may also like: Slow Cooker Poor Man’s Stew