Looking for a lower carb meal? This recipe for Slow Cooker Bacon and Beef Chili has the same great chili flavors but with fewer carbs.
Hi all! I hope you are all doing well. I’m working on a few low-carb recipes for the blog, I get a lot of requests for them. I eat low carb about 70% of the time. It seems to be the only diet that works for me, and well the only diet I can stick to.
How to make:
To make this chili lower in carbs I had to really think about every ingredient. I thought red onion had fewer carbs than white, but they have the same. I add celery to fill up the recipe, can’t tell it’s in there after it’s cooked down.
You will need:
- Ground beef
- Cooked bacon
- V8 juice
- Beef broth
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Chili powder
- Poblano chiles
- Red onion
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and pepper
- Bay leaf
No beans are added to this recipe, but they certainly can if you can handle the extra carbs. I always thinks beans are a much better choice instead of grabbing for bread in my diet.
Time to prepare:
This recipe is easy to throw together after the beef and bacon are cooked and the veggies are chopped. Throw everything in the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours. Slow cooking chili is one of my favorite things to do.
The V8 juice makes a great sauce for the chili. I learned to do this from a family friend, it’s a great addition instead of plain tomato sauce.
Slow Cooker Low Carb Bacon and Beef Chili
- 1 lb. ground beef (browned and drained)
- 12 oz. bacon, (sliced, browned, and drained)
- 12 oz. V8 juice
- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 14 oz. can beef broth
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 poblano chiles, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 celery ribs diced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Add everything to the slow cooker, stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time. Remove bay leaf.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.
Love this chili? Try another of my Slow Cooker Chili Recipes:
- Slow Cooker V8 Chili
- Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
- Slow Cooker No Bean Texas Chili
- Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Chili
- Slow Cooker Venison Chili
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Turkey Chili
- Slow Cooker Steakhouse Chili
- Slow Cooker Poblano White Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Wendy’s Copycat Chili