Slow Cooker Stove-Top Stuffing Turkey Meat Loaf is moist and flavorful. The stove-top stuffing is used as binder in this delicious meatloaf recipe.
I had to try this recipe in the slow cooker. I am a Stove-Top Stuffing fan for side dishes and using as a topping for chicken and have only tried it for that. The stuffing does such a great job as a binder in this. The usual binder I use for meatloaf is crushed up saltine crackers and years ago I used oatmeal or breadcrumbs. Using the stove-top stuffing adds great texture and a bit of flavor to the meatloaf. Though I did add more seasonings to this recipe than what is in the stuffing mix. The first time I tested this recipe I did not add any extra seasonings and it was lacking something. The 2 pounds of turkey need a little more seasoning than just the stuffing, the next test of this recipe I added salt, pepper and rubbed sage (not ground). That extra seasoning made this meatloaf have outstanding flavor.
I also sautéed onions, carrots and celery in butter. I let that cool before adding to the meatloaf mixture. I decided to cook the veggies first so they would be very soft in the cooked meatloaf, and the butter that they are cooked in adds flavor to the meatloaf too.
Mix the above ingredients with clean hand then shape into a loaf form in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.
Below is what the turkey meat loaf looks like after being cooked for 5 hours on low.
This turkey meatloaf isn’t like the beef meatloaf where ketchup or a sweet ketchup mixture is put on top. I loved this meatloaf plain, without a topping. But a turkey gravy is a good option for the sauce, especially good with mashed potatoes too.
Here is my YouTube recipe about how to make this Slow Cooker Turkey Stove-Top Meatloaf. You can follow me on YouTube, here.
What do you think of this recipe? I think this recipe is a keeper! Have a great week. See you soon with another recipe.
Slow Cooker Stove-Top Stuffing Turkey Meatloaf
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 lbs. ground turkey, I use 7% fat
- 6 oz. box turkey Stove-Top® Stuffing
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. rubbed sage not ground, this is still from a jar
- 3 Tbsp. milk
Slow Cooker Size:
- 6 quart or larger
- In a medium sized skillet set over medium high heat. Add the butter, when the butter is melted sauté the carrots, onion, and celery until soft. This will take about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool while you get the other ingredients ready.
- In a large bowl add the turkey, stuffing mix, eggs, salt, pepper, rubbed sage and milk. Add in the cooked and cooled onions, carrots and celery. Mix together with clean hands.
- Shape the meat mixture into loaf form in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!