You can make an entire meal in the slow cooker with this Slow Cooker Meatloaf and Baked Potatoes Recipe.
If you love meatloaf, you really should try cooking it in the slow cooker. Sometimes in the oven the meatloaf can get tough on the edges but in the slow cooker I find that it stays tender throughout. This week instead of just cooking a meatloaf, I added potatoes as well. The potatoes cooked up great wrapped in foil on top of the meatloaf.
If you have a favorite meatloaf recipe, you can try it in place of mine, just make it about a 2 pound size. I know not everyone likes bell pepper in their meatloaf, but that’s how my mom made it, it smells so good while cooking.
To plate this meal I removed the potatoes onto a plate, sliced the meatloaf and served with corn. A salad would be great too!
This meal is great for those who are busy all-day and want to come home to a great meal. I hope you try it.
Slow Cooker Meatloaf and Baked Potatoes
- 2 lbs. 7% fat ground beef
- 3 large eggs
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ pepper
- 25 saltine crackers, crushed
- 5 Russet potatoes (small to medium sized)
Slow Cooker Size:
- 6 quart slow cooker or larger
- In a large bowl add the meat, eggs, onion, bell pepper, ketchup, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix together with a spoon or clean hands. If meatloaf seems to wet to form into a loaf add more cracker crumbs or if too dry add a touch more milk or ketchup.
- Form the meatloaf into a loaf in the slow cooker. Wash and dry the potatoes and wrap each of them in foil. Place the potatoes on top of the meatloaf toward the sides of the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!