You can make an entire meal in the slow cooker with this Slow Cooker Meatloaf and Baked Potatoes Recipe.
If you love meatloaf, you really should try cooking it in the slow cooker. Sometimes in the oven the meatloaf can get tough on the edges but in the slow cooker I find that it stays tender throughout.
This week instead of just cooking a meatloaf, I added potatoes as well. The potatoes cooked up great wrapped in foil on top of the meatloaf.
How to make Slow Cooker Meatloaf and Baked Potatoes:
- First, mix the meatloaf ingredients together in a bowl then shape it into a loaf in the slow cooker
- Scrub the potatoes and wrap them in foil. Place the potatoes along the edges of the meatloaf. Five potatoes fit perfectly for me.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time. Want to keep the heat in so the potatoes soften.
- Remove potatoes, slice meatloaf and serve!
If you have a favorite meatloaf recipe, you can try it in place of mine, just make it about a 2 pound size. I know not everyone likes bell pepper in their meatloaf, but that’s how my mom made it, it smells so good while cooking.
To plate this meal I removed the potatoes onto a plate, sliced the meatloaf and served with corn. A salad would be great too!
This meal is great for those who are busy all-day and want to come home to a great meal. I hope you try it.
Slow Cooker Meatloaf and Baked Potatoes
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 2 lbs. 7% fat ground beef
- 3 large eggs
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ pepper
- 25 saltine crackers, crushed
- 5 Russet potatoes (small to medium sized)
- In a large bowl add the meat, eggs, onion, bell pepper, ketchup, milk, garlic powder, salt, pepper and crushed saltines.. Mix together with a spoon or clean hands. If meatloaf seems to wet to form into a loaf add more cracker crumbs or if too dry add a touch more milk or ketchup.
- Form the meatloaf into a loaf in the slow cooker. Wash and dry the potatoes and wrap each of them in foil. Place the potatoes on top of the meatloaf toward the sides of the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!