These Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Carrots are buttery, sweet, and fork tender delicious. Using just six pantry-staple ingredients, you can’t go wrong with cooking up the best carrot recipe for your Thanksgiving dinner.
If you’re looking for other side dishes to put on the dinner table, try my Slow Cooker Cheesy Mashed Potatoes. These are a cheese lover’s dream and are very easy to make!
Why this recipe works
Did I mention this recipe calls for just six ingredients? Creating a delicious side dish packed with flavor doesn’t get much easier than this. If you have picky eaters in the home who would otherwise pass on the vegetables, they’ll love the honey garlic butter flavor of these tender carrots.
The prep time is quick, and the cooking time is super reasonable. Simply put, these honey garlic carrots are sure to be a huge hit!
- Carrots: Grab a bag of fresh carrots for this recipe. They’ll be peeled and cut in half lengthwise before being cooked in the crock pot with the remaining ingredients.
- Butter: The butter melts into a sweet glaze sauce while creating the most tender carrots.
- Honey: The honey glaze adds the perfect sweetness to this carrot recipe.
- Seasonings: Salt, black pepper, garlic, and rosemary combine for the perfect flavor taste.
Step One – Peel carrots and cut them lengthwise and in halves.
Step Two – Place the carrots into the slow cooker.
Step Three – Add the butter, quartered, and the remaining ingredients on top of the carrots.
Step Four – Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours (or until tender).
What goes well with crockpot honey garlic carrots?
- These garlic butter roasted carrots pair well with a beef main dish such as Slow Cooker Beef Tips or Slow Cooker Meatloaf.
- Roasted veggies like these carrots also pair perfectly with chicken-based main courses like this Chicken and Stuffing or Slow Cooker Whole Beer Chicken.
- You can’t go wrong with throwing these honey garlic carrots alongside some Dr. Pepper Ribs or a Honey Apple Pork Loin.
When serving this side dish, don’t forget to drizzle some of the honey garlic butter sauce over them and add a few sprinkles of fresh parsley on top. These are genuinely the best carrots for any meal!
Recipe FAQs and Variations
Yes. Using baby carrots will reduce prep time as you won’t need to shave or peel the fresh carrots.
Fresh chopped parsley and fresh thyme help add a seasonal flavor to these carrots in addition to the rosemary.
Absolutely. Follow the prep directions and place the carrots on a baking sheet (prepped with olive oil or a nonstick cooking spray). Roast carrots at 425 for about 30 minutes or until fork tender. Then broil them for 2-3 minutes.
Put any remaining carrots into an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat on the stovetop over medium heat until warmed throughout, or use the microwave.
More Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole
- Slow Cooker Candied Carrots
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potato Bar
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Casserole
- Slow Cooker Baby Carrots
- Slow Cooker Candied Yams
- Slow Cooker Cinnamon Sugar Butternut Squash
- Slow Cooker Stuffing
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Carrots Recipe
- 2 lbs. carrots
- ½ cup salted butter
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic (freshly minced, not jarred)
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary plus a few ends of the sprigs
- ¼ cup honey
- Peel the carrots. Cut them cross wise, then those pieces length wise. Add them to the slow cooker.
- Slice the butter into pieces and place them on top of the carrots.
- Sprinkle over the salt, pepper, minced garlic and chopped rosemary. Place a few ends of the sprigs of rosemary on the carrots as well.
- Drizzle over the honey.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or until tender.
- Put any remaining carrots into an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat over medium heat on the stove top until warmed throughout or use the microwave.
- You can use baby carrots and save on prep time.
- To cook in the oven: Follow the prep directions and place the carrots on a baking sheet (prepped with olive oil or a nonstick cooking spray). Roast carrots at 425 for about 30 minutes or until fork tender. Then broil them for 2-3 minutes.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.