Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese is a creamy delicious recipe! It makes a perfect side dish.
As I am writing up this recipe for you I am dreaming about making it again this week! This mac and cheese is ultra creamy and a family favorite. I use two types of cheese in this and cream cheese to thicken the sauce, no need for a flour and butter roux to make this.
I cook this mac and cheese for 2 hours. I stir the mixture twice to bring the sauce together. I think your family will enjoy this recipe as much as mine does. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
- 2 cups dried elbow noodles, large or small (see instructions on how to prepare)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheese (optional)
Slow Cooker Size:
- 4 quart or larger
- Cook pasta according to package directions on the stove top and not any longer. Get other ingredients ready while pasta cooks
- Drain the pasta immediately after done cooking and add to the slow cooker add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours. Stir the pasta twice during this cooking time, once at the hour mark and then and the 1.5 hour mark. Be gentle when you stir.
- When the cooking time is up add more cheese on top, add the lid and let melt for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!