Make this Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Penne for dinner and everyone will want seconds!
I was on pinterest and saw this recipe and knew I could make something just as good in my slow cooker. I didn’t realize I was going to make the easiest most delicious and kid friendly pasta ever! I made this recipe again a week later for a girl scout pot luck and there wasn’t any left!
I start by cooking 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, chicken breasts, chicken broth, dried tarragon and pepper for 6 hours on low.
Then I shred the chicken and add sour cream and cheese.
Then add the cooked penne pasta. I originally planned to make this with egg noodles, I bought an off brand and those fell to bits right before I was going to add to the chicken and sauce. I went back to the store and bought penne pasta and I am so glad that I did. The penne pasta has a great texture, perfect for this recipe.
Mix it up.
Top with more cheese.
Heaven on a plate! Plenty of sauce to coat all the noodles. I highly recommend this meal for an easy weeknight meal.
Here is my YouTube video of this recipe. You can follow me on YouTube, here.
Would your family enjoy this pasta dinner? Mine really did! I hope you have a great weekend and I’ll be back next week with another recipe.
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10.5-oz) cans cream of chicken soup (don't add water)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. dried leaf tarragon (can substitute oregano or thyme here)
- 1.5 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 small sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 lb. penne pasta (cooked according to package directions on the stove-top)
- 5-quart or larger
- Add the cream of chicken soup and chicken broth to the slow cooker, stir until smooth.
- Add the tarragon, pepper, mushrooms and onions, stir.
- Add the chicken breasts.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- After the cooking time is up, start cooking the pasta according to the package directions to Al dente on the stove-top, do not over cook!
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Add sour cream and half of the cheese, stir.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta and stir again.
- Sprinkle over remaining cheese. Cover the slow cooker and cook for an additional 20 minutes on low.
- Serve and enjoy!
I used my 6.5-quart touch-screen Crock-Pot® for this recipe. You can use any slow cooker 5-quarts or larger.
You may also like: Slow Cooker Milk and Honey Corn on the Cob