For dinner this week I made slow cooker turkey breast and gravy. It had been too long since I had turkey. This recipe is so easy, no fussing with a whole turkey and separate stove-top gravy. The turkey and the gravy cook together. All I had to do is whip up mashed potatoes and steam green beans for this fabulous meal. I based the gravy in this Slow Cooker Turkey Breast and Gravy recipe from my most popular recipe Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy.
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast and Gravy
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger-oval
- 5 lb. Boneless Turkey Breast trimmed; 3-6 lb turkey breast (see notes below)
- 2½ turkey gravy mix 2-1¼ packets
- 10.75 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1¾ cups water
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the gravy mix, can of soup, water, thyme, and pepper until smooth, pour into the slow cooker.
- Add the turkey breast into the gravy mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Remove the turkey to a cutting board, allow to rest for 5 minutese.
- Slice the turkey.
- Stir the gravy and serve!