Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole
My family can not go without the Green Bean Casserole. It’s pretty much the best side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas (well, besides the mashed potatoes). I decided that I had to create the perfect Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole myself, since most recipes I found online either had frozen green beans or jarred alfredo sauce (yuck!).
This recipe for Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole makes a ton, when I made this for thanksgiving, it fed about 15, with lots of leftovers. So, I would think this recipe could serve up to 20 people.
At the end of the slow cooking time, I chose to brown the french fried onions on top of the casserole in the oven, it wasn’t a big deal, for the turkey had already been removed from the oven, and all that was left in the oven was the rolls.
- 3 10 3/4 ounce cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 10 14.5 ounce Cans Del Monte Cut Green Beans (drained)
- 2 6 ounce canisters French's French Fried Onions (note- one is mixed in, one is the topping)
- Non-Stick Cooking Oil Spray
- In a very large bowl, add the cream of mushrooms soup, milk, black pepper, and onion powder, whisk until smooth.
- Add the drained green beans, and 1 of the canisters of french fried onions into the large bowl with the soup mixture you just made, and with a spatula, fold everything together, being careful not to break the green beans up.
- Spray the slow cooker with the non-stick cooking spray, and add the green bean mixture to the slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 2.5 hours.
- After cooking time is done, add the other canister of french fried onions onto the green beans. Take the slow cooker insert out of the heating element, and put into the oven (without the lid on!). My oven was set at 350 degrees. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the onions are browned.
- Set the insert back into the slow cooker heating elelment, replace the lid, and set the slow cooker to WARM until ready to serve. Enjoy!
You may also like: Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes