Bacon makes everything better including this Slow Cooker Bacon Green Bean Casserole.
Hi all! I hadn’t planned on making new green bean casserole on the blog until I saw the cream of bacon soup at the store, which is new this year. This post is not sponsored by the soup, I’m just really excited to share the news. I thought the soup tasted like real bacon, not fake or over smokey. If you can’t find the cream of bacon, cream of mushroom will work just fine.
I have a few more holiday recipe coming for you in the next few weeks, please stop back by to see them. I hope you have a great weekend.
Slow Cooker Bacon Green Bean Casserole
- Slow Cooker – 5 quart or larger
- 4 cups cut fresh green beans, uncooked
- 10½ oz. can cream of bacon soup (cream of mushroom works well too) – do not add water
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce (or soy sauce)
- 6 oz. French’s fried onions, divided
- 12 oz. bacon, cooked and sliced, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the cut green beans, the cream of bacon soup, milk, Worcestershire sauce, half of the bacon and half of the fried onions. Stir until combined.
- Add the green bean mixture to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3.5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- When the cooking time is done, add the remaining French fried onions to a hot skillet on the stove top and toast them until browned. Sprinkle them over the casserole along with the remaining cooked bacon.Serve and enjoy!