Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans and Bacon is an easy an flavorful side dish that will surprise your guests.
You are going to love this side dish. Sweet Potatoes, green beans, onions, and bacon cook together to become a perfect side dish for almost anything.
I made grilled chicken this weekend and made this beautiful side dish to go with. I’m trying to cut potatoes out of my diet for most of the week, and sweet potatoes are a great switch in recipes.
Below is a photo of this side dish before I cooked it, very colorful. I use red garnet sweet potatoes for this recipe.
Even after I cooked this side dish, the colors are still amazing. We are going camping this month and I was thinking that this would be perfect along with side steak or even a burger.
Can I use russet potatoes instead of sweet potatoes?
Yes! That will work great, though the cooking time will need 3.5-4 hours for the potatoes to soften for russet potatoes take longer than sweet potatoes.
Other great Slow Cooker recipes with Sweet Potatoes:
- Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Sweet Potato Dinner
- Slow Cooker Ham and Sweet Potatoes
Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans and Bacon
- Slow Cooker – 4 quart or larger
- 4 cups peeled and diced sweet potatoes I use red garnet
- 4 cup fresh green beans snipped and cut in half
- 1 cup diced onion cut in large pieces
- 10 slices bacon cut and cooked (reserve some grease, see item below)
- 2 Tbsp. bacon grease
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- Add the veggies, bacon, bacon grease and water.
- In a small bowl stir together the salt, pepper, onion powder and cinnamon, stir. Sprinkle this over the veggies in the slow cooker.
- Stir until the seasoning cover the veggies.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2.5 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!