Crockpot Ham is the best way to prepare your ham. I add brown sugar, pineapple, brown sugar and mustard to this holiday ham.
Does your family cook turkey or ham for the holiday dinner? My family does both. Cooking both in a small oven can be tricky. Not only is this crocpot ham easy, but it also turns out moist, sweet and tender. Other great ham recipes I use are Apple and Clove Ham, Ham Steaks and Pineapple Rings or Jalapeno Ham.
Need an easy crockpot ham recipe? Look no further! Only a few ingredients to the best holiday ham!
How to make crockpot ham:
- What kind of ham? Use either a pork shoulder picnic ham, spiral ham or black forest. Though, any ham will work great. Look for 6-7 pound ham, if you get one any larger you will need to cut a piece off the smaller end of the ham for it to fit in the crockpot. Make sure your ham is “cooked” not raw (very rare to find a raw ham, just want to be clear though that this recipe is for a cooked ham). If you are in question about if your ham is cooked or raw, ask your butcher or see this article on how to tell if your ham is fully cooked.
- Mustard – Yellow, Dijon or stone ground. Not sure about adding mustard? Mustard adds tang to the ham and cuts down on the sweetness. Though, you can skip it if you don’t like mustard.
- Brown Sugar – Some recipes call for many cups of brown sugar, you do not need to overdo it! Just a half-cup of brown sugar sweetens ham perfectly.
- Pineapple – Use crushed, tidbits or rings! Any will do. I use a different kind every time I make this ham. Be sure to add the juices from the can.
How long do I cook a ham in the crockpot?
- Cook on LOW for 6-7 hours or until the ham is hot in the center.
- I often get comments on why cook a ham so long in the crockpot if it’s already cooked. It takes hours to heat the ham through in the slow cooker, and while it does that a wonderful sauce forms and flavors the ham.
Can I use honey instead of brown sugar?
- Yes, use 1/4 cup of honey in place of the 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
Leftover Ham Recipes:
- Cook up in Breakfast recipes like Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- Grilled ham and cheese
- Ham Salad
- Slow Cooker Ham and Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Ham and Cheese Corn
- New Year’s Day Black Eyed Peas
Holiday Slow Cooker Sides to serve with Ham:
Slow CookerGreen Bean Casserole
- Slow Cooker Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Candied Yams
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce
- Slow Cooker Stuffing
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash
Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Ham
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 6 – 7 lb. picnic pork shoulder ham, spiral ham or black forest this ham will say ready to eat, not raw and uncooked
- 1/8 cup mustard yellow, dijon or stone ground
- 1/2 cup brown sugar light or dark
- 20 oz. can pineapple – tidbits, crushed or rings DO NOT DRAIN
- Add the ham to the slow cooker. Squirt over the mustard. Pat over the brown sugar. Now pour over the pineapple.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours. Don't open the lid while it cooks, so heat doesn't escape.
- Slice and serve with pineapple and juices.