Slow Cooker Ham and Beans is a classic recipe that always turns out great! Wonderful for leftover ham.
This recipe is sponsored by Hurst’sⓇ HamBeensⓇ though all opinions are mine alone.
Are you a Ham and Beans fan? My family sure is. There is a little diner we go to that has Ham and Beans on the menu daily and I have to get it every time we go. You won’t believe how easy it is to make restaurant quality ham and beans at home easily by throwing everything in your slow cooker.
I use Hurst’s HamBeens Great Northern Beans with Ham Flavor. These beans are great quality, you can see that in my video below. The beans cook up big and tender.
This package of Great Northern Beans and many other bean mixes from Hurst’s Hambeens come with a ham flavor packet. It’s a little powdery mix that tastes like smokey ham. One thing I have not mentioned yet on the blog about this little flavor packet is that it is vegetarian, so if you are not wanting real ham in your soups but want the flavor, you can get it! You can find where to buy these bean mixes here. I have found the most variety at Walmart in my area.
Easter is just around the corner and I know a lot of us will have leftover ham and this recipe is perfect for that. Be sure to save this recipe for later and enjoy a big pot of Ham and Beans with your family. If you love this recipe you can find more like it over at Hurt’s HamBeens. Have a great week!
Slow Cooker Ham and Beans
- 20 oz. pkg. Hurst's Hambeens Great Northern Beans with Ham flavoring (save the ham flavor packet for the end of the cooking time)
- 2 cups diced ham, leftover ham works great
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 8 cups chicken broth
- salt to taste
Slow Cooker Size:
- 6 quart or larger
- Place the beans in a colander and sort out any debris, rinse beans and add to the slow cooker.
- Add the ham, onion, carrots, celery, thyme, pepper and chicken broth, stir. Wait to add the ham flavor packet.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 6-7 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- When the cooking time is done, add the ham flavor packet and stir. Add salt to taste. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is Sponsored by Hurst’s® HamBeens® though all opinions are mine alone.