Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Soup is one of my favorite recipes to make in the slow cooker. It’s filled with chicken, potatoes, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and of course and a generous dose of buffalo sauce!
Want a buffalo chicken soup with beans? Try my Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken 15 Bean Soup next!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- The best part about this recipe is that you can use your favorite ingredients, like carrots, potatoes, and of course chicken. Everyone is going to love this amazing buffalo chicken soup.
- The soup is made in the crockpot, so it is a one-pot meal. Use a slow cooker liner to make clean up even easier.
- It is a quick and easy meal, which means that you can make it anytime. Throw it together before you leave in the morning and have an incredible dinner in the evening. This recipe is so good, you will crave it all the time.
- This is a great freezer meal so you can make a double batch so that you can eat tonight and enjoy it later. Freeze this soup in a large batch or individual servings for a grab-and-go meal.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts – The chicken will soak up all the flavors of the soup to make it taste amazing
- Veggies – You’ll want to add onion, baby carrots, and yukon gold potatoes
- Chicken broth – This makes the base of the soup.
- Buffalo sauce – This will add the spiciness to the soup, I use Frank’s Red Hot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- Seasoning – Ranch dressing mix, garlic powder and celery salt give the soup the best flavor.
- Cream cheese – This makes the soup creamy, be sure to warm this in the micowave so it will melt in to the soup.
- Cheddar cheese – Add the cheese to the end of the soup.
Step By Step Directions
Step One – In the slow cooker, add everything except for the cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Stir it together well.
Step Two – Cover and cook for 4-6 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.
Step Three – Once the cooking time is done, remove the chicken, shred it, and add it to the slow cooker. Place the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl—heat for 30 seconds or until soft.
Step Four – Add the cream cheese and shredded cheese to the crockpot—Cook for an additional 30 minutes on high.
Step 5– Stir the soup to make sure the cream cheese and cheddar cheese are melted. Check the heat and see if it needs more hot sauce.
Step 6– Serve and enjoy
I am using chicken breast. You can also use chicken thighs. Make sure the thighs are boneless and skinless. You can also use a shredded rotisserie chicken that has already been cooked. Add the cooked chicken at the beginning of the cooking time to get the soup’s flavor into the chicken.
After the soup has cooled, you can store it in the slow cooker pot or move it into an airtight container. Make sure the lid is on the soup, no matter which option you choose.
You can store this soup in the fridge for about four days, but if you are freezing it later, you can keep it in the freezer for up to six months.
I like to serve this recipe with a few slices of crusty bread or some rolls. You could also do it with great dinner rolls or garlic bread, which is always excellent.
You can top your bowl of soup with anything you like! Some people want to add blue cheese, sour cream, cilantro, and cracker crumbs. I think that the soup tastes amazing without any toppings other than cheddar cheese, but you can add anything you want.
Yes! Just add more hot buffalo sauce to the soup; a few dashes will do. Make sure to add the hot sauce slowly, or else you can make it too hot. You can also use a habanero pepper or two if you want more heat.
Want to make more magic in your crockpot? Stay up to date and subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tik Tok, and YouTube.
Slow Cooker Creamy Buffalo Chicken Soup
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 cups diced baby carrots
- 2 cups diced yukon gold potatoes leave skins on
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce (I use Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 oz. packet Ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- To your slow cooker add the chicken, onions, carrots, potatoes, chicken broth, the sauce, ranch dressing mix, garlic powder and celery salt. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours or on low 4-6 hours.
- Remove Chicken breasts from crockpot and shred with forks.
- Return shredded chicken to crockpot.
- Place the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds or until soft. Add the cream cheese and shredded cheese to the crockpot. Stir.
- Cook an additional 30 minutes on high.
- Stir soup well to make sure cream cheese and cheddar cheese are fully dissolved.
- Taste soup and add additional hot sauce, if desired.
- Serve hot, enjoy!
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.
Sounds good but you have to have bleu cheese to make it Buffalo chicken soup. Some celery too.
Jenobeba Hoover says
Everything you have made I’ve made most of it and it has all been fab. You are the best. Keep it coming please,