Slow Cooker 15 Bean Buffalo Chicken Soup is spicy and hearty. A great meal for game day!
Sponsored by Hurst’sⓇ Hambeen’sⓇ 15 Bean SoupⓇ, though all opinions are mine alone.
Hello! I have a new recipe for you to try for game day. It has all the expected flavors you’d want for game day but with a unique twist, 15 bean soup mix! As you may know I’ve been busy the last few month creating recipes for Hurst’sⓇ HamBeensⓇ and am happy that I’ve signed up to do a few more. This recipe has been one of my favorites, I love anything spicy and I love how the chicken thighs help flavor the broth of this soup.
I’ve been really lucky to find this soup mix at my local Walmart and Fred Meyers. If you want to check where to pick up this soup mix, you can look here.
I served this soup with homemade tortilla strips. I made those by cutting up corn tortillas and frying them in hot oil. This soup is on the spicy side, to cool it down serve with a dollop of sour cream.
If you love this 15 bean recipe and want to see more like this you can find them at Hurst’s Hambeens. I hope you enjoy this recipe and have a great weekend.
Slow Cooker 15 Bean Buffalo Chicken Soup
- 20 oz. pkg. Hurst'sⓇ HambeensⓇ 15 bean SoupⓇ mix (won't be using the included ham seasoning, save this for another recipe)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce (I use Frank's Red Hot original)
- 9 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp. finely minced cilantro
- tortilla chips or tortilla strips for serving
Slow Cooker Size:
- 6 quart or larger
- Rinse and sort beans, discarding any debris. We won't be using the ham flavor packet for this recipe, you can save it for another recipe if desired.
- Add the rinsed and sorted beans to the slow cooker. Add the chicken, onion, celery, carrots, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, pepper, buffalo sauce, chicken broth to the slow cooker, stir. Add the bay leaf on top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 7 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- When the cooking time is up, remove the bay leaf. Remove the chicken thighs onto a plate and shred them with two forks. Add the shredded chicken to the slow cooker. Add the minced cilantro and stir.
- Serve with tortilla chips or homemade tortilla strips. Enjoy!
This recipe is sponsored by Hurst’s Hambeens 15 Bean Soup, though all opinions are mine alone.
You may also like: Slow Cooker Pinto Beans and Bacon