Slow Cooker Hearty Italian Beef Soup has tender beef, white beans, and vegetable in a tomato-based soup.
This is one of my favorite soups for when I need to make a meal for a family. This soup is different than most soups but still has flavors everyone loves.
A co-worker from the post office gave me this recipe. The broth in this soup is to die for! It’s the most comforting soup you will ever try and healthy too. We love this soup with Parmesan cheese and french bread.
How to make Hearty Italian Beef Soup:
Start by browning stew meat in a large skillet on the stove top. Add that browned meat to the slow cooker. Add these ingredients next:
- White onion
- Italian seasoned diced tomatoes (two 14.5 oz. cans)
- Great northern beans
- Beef broth
- Tomato paste
- Onion powder
- Dried oregano
- Stir and place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 9 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
What to serve with this soup?
- Parmesan cheese
- French bread and butter
This Slow Cooker Hearty Italian Beef Soup has a slight creamy texture and is so good topped with parmesan cheese and french bread for dipping.
Plan your next meal with one of these soups:
- Slow Cooker Taco 15 Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Turkey and Brown Rice Soup
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle
- Slow Cooker Ham and Beans
- Slow Cooker Beef Bone Broth
Slow Cooker Hearty Italian Beef Soup
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat cubed (can use leftover prime rib, no need to brown).
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1/2 cup White Onion diced
- 1 cup Carrots diced
- 1 cup Celery diced
- 29 oz. Italian seasoned diced tomatoes (two 14.5 oz. cans)
- 15 oz. great northern beans, drained
- 30 oz. beef broth (two 15 oz. cans)
- 8 oz. can tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- french bread
- parmesan cheese
- Set a skillet over medium high heat. Add enough cooking oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Brown the stew meat on all sides
- Add meat to slow cooker.
- Add the carrots, onion, celery, diced tomatoes, beans, beef broth, tomato paste, salt, pepper, onion powder and oregano, stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 9 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese and with french bread for dipping.
How to Video:
- cooked ground beef
- cooked Italian sausage
- short ribs (degrease the soup before serving)