Slow Cooker Hearty Italian Beef Soup has tender beef, white beans, and vegetable in a tomato-based soup.
This is one of my favorite soups for when I need to make a meal for a family. This soup is different than most soups but still has flavors everyone loves.
Working the holidays at the post office is very hectic, we are all working really long hours, tons of letters, packages, and this year, 4 days of snow! At our post office we have what we call “12 days of Christmas Food”.
Everyone signs up on the calendar to bring in food for the 12 days preceding Christmas. I think this food is the only thing keeping me going some days! Anyway, a co-worker brought in her version of this soup, and it was a hit (hers had meatballs). I created my version with stew meat, because I don’t have time for meatballs.
How to make Hearty Italian Beef Soup:
Start by browning stew meat in a large skillet on the stove top. Add that browned meat to the slow cooker. Add these ingredients next:
- White onion
- Italian seasoned diced tomatoes (two 14.5 oz. cans)
- Great northern beans
- Beef broth
- Tomato paste
- Onion powder
- Dried oregano
- Stir and place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 9 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
What to serve with this soup?
- Parmesan cheese
- French bread and butter
This Slow Cooker Hearty Italian Beef Soup has a slight creamy texture and is so good topped with parmesan cheese and french bread for dipping.
Plan your next meal with one of these soups:
- Slow Cooker Taco 15 Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Turkey and Brown Rice Soup
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle
- Slow Cooker Ham and Beans
Slow Cooker Hearty Italian Beef Soup
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat cubed
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- ½ cup White Onion diced
- 1 cup Carrots diced
- 1 cup Celery diced
- 29 oz. Italian seasoned diced tomatoes (two 14.5 oz. cans)
- 15 oz. great northern beans, drained
- 30 oz. beef broth (two 15 oz. cans)
- 8 oz. can tomato paste
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 1½ tsp. dried oregano
- french bread
- parmesan cheese
- Set a skillet over medium high heat. Add enough cooking oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Brown the stew meat on all sides
- Add meat to slow cooker.
- Add the carrots, onion, celery, diced tomatoes, beans, beef broth, tomato paste, salt, pepper, onion powder and oregano, stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 9 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese and with french bread for dipping.